Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Connor Saga Continues

Post Thanks / Like

Any news today Lindee? I've been thinking about you all day

Post Thanks / Like

Oh thanks for thinking about me! Well, I talked with Jessica last night-she does sound very sick. She wants to come on Saturday as that is when she has a friend who can come too. I'm just going to wait and see. I'm trying not to think about it too much and went swimming with my daughter today. Jessica seemed very informed about dogs and Cavs in general. She said Connor does have a pedigree name and she has the papers with the generations listed...and that she'd get his vet records. We will just have to see how this plays out. thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

It's OK, I'll be thinking of you until you actually get him LOL

I know what you're going through Lindee. I was phoned by a Cav rescue and asked if I'd take a little B&T a while back. I agreed and started to prepare for his arrival - they said they'd just have to arrange a mutual date when I could pick him up. Anyway, three weeks later and after many telephone calls I was informed that the owner had given him to her friend.

My youngest was devastated and whilst I was upset I was also angry because no one had bothered to tell me :cry:

I have a good feeling about Connor though, and if his 'mum' is sick then it's understandable that she can't travel to yours with him, especially as it's also so hot (well it is here...).

Take care and keep us updated

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That's awful about the little B&T Donna - and very bad that you weren't kept informed. Bad of the lady too to give the dog away and not tell the rescue :cry:

Lindee, keep smiling and keep positive, I have a good feeling too. Jessica does sound genuine, and it's good that she's talking about his papers and everything, doesn't sound like she's trying to "hide". You must be really on edge, but we are sending lots of positive thoughts and really hope that this wee fellow works out for you.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Nicki..thanks for the positive vibes. I checked out an awesome bike path this morning while my daughter was at camp and I was thinking about walking my little doggie there(and of course letting my daughter ride her bike.) Is that you guy in the picture by your name? That face is beyond precious. I am really not edgy at all...I'm just going to see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I hope she's sincere and I hope it works out next week. It sounds like a good match. Even if he is from an Irish puppy mill, the dogs from LUcky Star would probablyl not be any healthier in that regard. But having a dog already accustomed to living in a house is a huge advantage. Then again - if you get a lucky star dog that is timid, it might be a good match for your child who is timid around dogs. They can slowly get to know each other together....
    Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
    --Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

Lindee -
    they just posted 2 new Cavs on www.luckystarcavalierrescue.org !!! Sierra and Christy! Both sound very sweet and cute!
    Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
    --Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh I was just on there about 2 hours ago and saw Sierra...but not Christy-she is ADORABLE! They both are. The woman's e-mail is the person who is setting up my home visit. I had already told her I was very interested in a boy. Plus, I feel I'm going to give Jessica one more weekend to bring Connor here. She is supposed to come on Saturday. I feel like I'm going to end up with TWO Cavs!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy two are better than one - they always look gorgeous together and love company as well. My hubby won't let me have another one though :cry:

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhhhhh! Have you seen the latest addition on Lucky Star?? Her name is Cara Mia....she is PRECIOUS!! 4 years old, too...that would be a good age for us.
    What a sweetheart.