• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The Connor Saga Continues

Oh my word - I could take them all!!!! In one way it's just as well that they are over the other side of the pond !!!!

Apparently, or so my Mum tells me. When I was a kid my Dad took me to the local pound to get a dog - none there were apparently suitable for kids but I wanted every single one of them and sobbed and bawled all the way home because they were in 'prison' in their runs!

We did get one a few weeks later but again I sobbed and bawled for the ones we left behind! - The one we got was a 'poodle of sorts' & we used to go everywhere together - my addiction started early LOL

OK, so we have a definite time and place to meet tomorrow.....I am meeting her halfway and I plan on taking Connor home with me unless I see some outrageous behavior or something that concerns me. Wish me luck....I won't be back until late afternoon-I will let you all know asap.
Lindee

The Connor Saga

Linda -- I so hope this works out for you. I also met the man I bought my little tri guy from -- we also met half-way -- about a 5 hour drive for me. All the way I kept thinking -- what if he is not the right dog, looks sick, etc. -- what will I do. It is hard to go through all you have and not come home with him. I thought Connor looked good in the pictures. I'm hoping to get a message this afternoon saying that Connor has a new home.

Will you keep the name Connor, or re-name him? My Rocky's original name was Cooper -- I didn't think it fit him.

GOOD LUCK :D :D :D

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Lindee}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} I'm thinking of you and wishing you all the luck in the world that everything is OK and you bring home your baby to join your little 'crew' :D

I thought I was winning the battle with my hubby but he said to me earlier 'Definitely no more dogs!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm now going to go on a work to rule and not make him cups of tea etc. I can pretend to be all nice whilst being horrible icon_whistling ;) icon_whistling mwahahahahahahaha.

What's the betting that by Christmas we either have or are awaiting another furbaby???????? Heehee ;)

Thanks guys:) I'm getting ready to leave now. Candy...those are exactly my thoughts..thanks for posting...I'm like, am I crazy? What if this woman is a nut? What if I don't like the dog? yada yada...and I'm only going about 90 minutes IF that! I cannot believe you drove FIVE hours! Wow. I am a nervous person so this is enough of a drive for me.
Ok...gotta get ready.

Willow (aka Connor) is HOME! He is settling in nicely-has not peed or pooped yet and that is a concern to me-more on that later.
HE IS SO ADORABLE!! The picture did not do him justice at all. He is not big at all....too chubby from being in an apt. all his life...but his coloring is just gorgeous(I think). He has that extra brown on his muzzles with a couple of freckles....big, bug eyes....the bottom part of his tail looks like it was dipped in white paint..other than that he has lots of black. I got his pedigree papers from Ireland...his vet records..he is already neutered and is SO VERY SWEET! He's not too rambunctious which has been great with my daughter being timid around dogs. Man, it is like bringing a sibling home-LOL..I'm like ok, whose needs to I meet first? I think it will all settle.
I can't even tell you how darling he is....total sweetness.
Oh, his owner was very nice....brought all of his stuff which shows she really cares about him I think. She even offered me her "doggy car seat".

Lindee - Yay, sounds like a happy ending. So glad it's all worked out. If it's mean to be...it wil and it is!

Congrats Lindee! I am so glad this all worked out after a very anxious week for you I bet. Post more pics when you can. I love the name. Always wanted a Willow but have yet had a pup that the name suited.

Lindee - That is soooo wonderful! I"m so glad it all worked out! :D Congratulations! Can't wait to see pics of the little guy. :) Sounds like he's adjusting to his new home well. I saw your other thread about training to go outside, and I think you're doing the right thing. :) That's exactly what I would have suggested. Looooots of praise and reward when he does go outside.

Welcome Willow. I hadn't read through all the threads of this when I posted the question about your new baby Willow. I was expecting Connor! How did you go from Connor to Willow? How did the name Willow come about? It's just soooo unuasual and pretty.

Oh that's great news. I'm so glad it all worked out for you. It sounds like Willow has settled in nicely and will soon fit into your family routine.

Can't wait to see pictures. :D

Connor was the name the previous owner gave him-I really didn't like it and since he's still a pup, I figured it would be okay to change it. I have always liked "Will" because it was my Grandfather's name. So then I was thinking about nature names and came up with Willow. He is responding to it already and really doesn't seem to mind. My daughter is calling him "Marshmallow". ok?

Marshmallow?? That's cute!! Jake and Shelby have to many names they answer to just about anyting.

Back