• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The Connor Saga Continues

Lindee

OK, you guys are going to be wanting me off this board and soon! "Jessica" just called me....just got out of the ER...she was given an antibiotic for a sinus infection and her face started to swell during the drive here..so they turned around and went to the ER. She was there all day and just got home. She did sound very congested. She said she didn't want to e-mail and waited to call me until she got home. She wants to come tomorrow if she is feeling better....she is going to call in the morning. I don't know what to do..she sounded sincere...it's so hard to tell. She was very apologetic. We'll see I guess..the whole thing is just very nerve-wracking. I hate to go through this whole waiting thing again. I just thought I'd keep you guys posted..you have been really great.
Lindee

Well, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt - at least the first few times. I'd assume she's telling the truth and give her an opportunity to come by tomorrow.

If she flakes again, see what develops w/ Lucky Star.

Oh I'm sorry Lindee, this is awful especially as your little girl would have been very disappointed - as well as you.

It's really hard, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt too - only you have actually spoken to her, and it's very hard to judge people without actually meeting them.

Maybe see what happens today? Will have everything crossed for you.

If this doesn't work out, maybe Connor wasn't meant to be with you, and there will be an extra special Cavalier at Lucky Star for you.

Yup, I agree with Nicki. See what develops today & if not then you obviously weren't meant to have Connor. I can see you ending up getting two though ;) They do look better in twos though :lol:

Yeah, I actually didn't tell my daughter anything except a friend might be visiting with her dog. I have actually had quite a process getting her to warm up to dogs since our only dog together was my grouchy Lhasa. I took her to a dog show yesterday when Jessica didn't show up and she did well. She also pets my friend's Pekingese and threw the ball for him last night so I think she'll be fine. I'm so afraid she's going to say something negative like "I want a poodle!!" she's really into being contrary lately...whatever I say-it's the opposite so I don't want to play this Cavalier thing up too much. We'll see. I know if we get a dog she'll be in love within a few days.

Wow Lindee -- what a story. I still hope this all works out for you and your daughter.

Thanks for the link to this chat board.

Hi Candy! I hope you do an intro and post a pic of your extremely adorable Rocky!
No phone call yet...I'm not waiting around today, though I have too much to do.

Lindee - I agree with the above posts. Wait and see what happens, as nerve wracking as that can be! I would like to give her the benefit of the doubt and assume what she said was true. I think it's good that at least she called you. Waiting for a new addition to the family can be exciting and terrifying all at the same time.

How old is your daughter? My brother is coming to visit next month with his family, including my 6 year old nephew and 4 year old niece. I am really looking forward to seeing them and how they interact with Jake and Shelby. The dogs aren't around children much but the few times they have been they've been just great.

Keep us posted. If it's meant to be...it will!

Why don't you call her?

Keep in mind that someone who is giving up their 10 mo old pet may not be the most responsible person anyway. That doesn't mean Connor isn't an adorable, sweet, loving, perfect pet deserving of a much better home (like yours!).

I would call this girl and see what's up. Maybe you could drive up there to get him instead of waiting around for her?

Did you actually talk to her last night, or did she just leave a message?/ If you didn't actually talk to her - maybe she doesn't know if you'll be around today and wants to confirm before taking off?? Maybe she's afraid you think she's a total flake and don't want the dog anymore. Maybe she's embarassed. I don't know. I'm just trying to rationalize. I don't like assuming people are bad or it's a bad situation because you really never know what's going on in someone's life.

And yes - if this doesn't work out - then I'm sure Lucky Star will have a very special one for you. But it is true that the rescued mill dogs are often less adjusted and not housetrained and often afraid of people and children. keep this in mind, and make sure you can handle this given your situation. I'm sure you know all this because you've read their site and filled out their application....

Hi guys...my daughter is five and is very timid with dogs-I know she will not hurt or harrass a Cavalier. I did talk with Jessica on the phone last night for the first time-she did sound really sick and said she'd call this morning to see if she could come today. I waited until 10:30, but then had to go somewhere. Around 1 she left me a message saying she was too sick to make the drive and that we could set something up for this week. I really hope her apartment has AC because I feel for the dog in this heat. She wants to come here-I have offered to meet her halfway. She wants to see my house and meet my daughter before giving Connor up. I give her credit for that-I just feel like I'm on a rollercoaster or something. And I really would prefer to take on a dog that is used to living in a home-I realize the Lucky Star dogs could have major issues. So I will stick with Connor until I am sure it's either going to work out or not. Jessica did leave me her cell phone number so I will call her later.
It is so hot here today.

Oh thanks for thinking about me! Well, I talked with Jessica last night-she does sound very sick. She wants to come on Saturday as that is when she has a friend who can come too. I'm just going to wait and see. I'm trying not to think about it too much and went swimming with my daughter today. Jessica seemed very informed about dogs and Cavs in general. She said Connor does have a pedigree name and she has the papers with the generations listed...and that she'd get his vet records. We will just have to see how this plays out. thanks again

It's OK, I'll be thinking of you until you actually get him LOL

I know what you're going through Lindee. I was phoned by a Cav rescue and asked if I'd take a little B&T a while back. I agreed and started to prepare for his arrival - they said they'd just have to arrange a mutual date when I could pick him up. Anyway, three weeks later and after many telephone calls I was informed that the owner had given him to her friend.

My youngest was devastated and whilst I was upset I was also angry because no one had bothered to tell me :cry:

I have a good feeling about Connor though, and if his 'mum' is sick then it's understandable that she can't travel to yours with him, especially as it's also so hot (well it is here...).

Take care and keep us updated :lol:

That's awful about the little B&T Donna - and very bad that you weren't kept informed. Bad of the lady too to give the dog away and not tell the rescue :cry:

Lindee, keep smiling and keep positive, I have a good feeling too. Jessica does sound genuine, and it's good that she's talking about his papers and everything, doesn't sound like she's trying to "hide". You must be really on edge, but we are sending lots of positive thoughts and really hope that this wee fellow works out for you.

Nicki..thanks for the positive vibes. I checked out an awesome bike path this morning while my daughter was at camp and I was thinking about walking my little doggie there(and of course letting my daughter ride her bike.) Is that you guy in the picture by your name? That face is beyond precious. I am really not edgy at all...I'm just going to see what happens.

Well, I hope she's sincere and I hope it works out next week. It sounds like a good match. Even if he is from an Irish puppy mill, the dogs from LUcky Star would probablyl not be any healthier in that regard. But having a dog already accustomed to living in a house is a huge advantage. Then again - if you get a lucky star dog that is timid, it might be a good match for your child who is timid around dogs. They can slowly get to know each other together.... ;)

Oh my gosh I was just on there about 2 hours ago and saw Sierra...but not Christy-she is ADORABLE! They both are. The woman's e-mail is the person who is setting up my home visit. I had already told her I was very interested in a boy. Plus, I feel I'm going to give Jessica one more weekend to bring Connor here. She is supposed to come on Saturday. I feel like I'm going to end up with TWO Cavs!

Oh yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy two are better than one - they always look gorgeous together and love company as well. My hubby won't let me have another one though :cry:

Ahhhhhh! Have you seen the latest addition on Lucky Star?? Her name is Cara Mia....she is PRECIOUS!! 4 years old, too...that would be a good age for us.
What a sweetheart.

Back