Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Connor Saga Continues

Post Thanks / Like

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy fantastic news that the little fellow is home

Maxx and I are so very pleased for you all. Willow is a beautiful name too

Don't worry about changing his name Lindee. Within days he'll get used to it We once had a dog who was supposed to be called Lulu - she didn't have a clue when we called her so we changed it to Holly - within two days she'd accepted her new name gracefully and came within seconds of being called LOL

When's the next one arriving.....?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Great news! I think they do always take to a new name, as noted before it isn;t a 'name' as such to them but a sound that means something interesting might happen next if they pay attention!

Jaspar and Leo also answer to 'punkin' 'sweetness' and 'silliness'... as well as 'boys!'.

Still haven't decided on a name for Mitzi myself... animal naming always takes me a long long time. At the moment I give cats names of jazz singers and players as those names suit cats (hence 'Quincy' for Quincy Jones... ). But haven't thought of an appropriate name for Mitzi. I'll let you guys know when I do!

Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

SO pleased this worked out for you Lindee - you've been in my thoughts.

Hope that Willow has settled well, and your daughter and he are best friends now.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah..my daughter is now obsessed with the dog and won't leave him alone. The only complaint I have about him is that he is constantly finding things around the house to chew. We try to keep everything picked up, but I pull something out of his mouth at least 3 times a day. He thinks everything is for eating!!
    His new Nickname is "Mr. Snuffles"
    my daughter is still calling him "Pupcake" or "Furperson"
    His real name is still Willow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

my daughter is still calling him "Pupcake" or "Furperson"

Some are just chewers, and most are chewers when puppies. Mine don;t chew at all now but I lost a couple of shoes and one chair arm got a bit of gnawing at one point!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

We have been so lucky with Maxx. He chewed the whole bottom shelf of my new bookcase when he was a puppy. However, I blamed hubby as he was supposed to have been playing with him at the time but fell asleep The people I'd bought the bookcase from were brilliant though, they made me a new shelf and repaired it for free in exchange for a puppy piccie!!!!

He also chewed one of a very expensive pair of shoes, thanks to removal men who left the shoe cupboard door open & went for a cuppa

Other than that he just used to take shoes, slippers and trainers out the garden and hide them LOL