• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Can't catch it... can't catch it... wheres it gone ??

fuzzie bear

I have just had the most hilarious night ever with Ruby !

Of course, the dogs test out all the new dog toys that come in, so I thought I'd introduce them to a toy that is meant to be for cats..

Its a laser that you point at the walls and floors.... well Ruby went just bananas ! I've never seen her do that much exercise since we got her. She was chasing after it, then sitting watching for it to come back. After we stopped playing, she sat where the laser was pointed for 10 minutes just waiting for it to re-appear !!

So heres the photos - some of them not great as I haven't quite learnt how to use the manual control on the camera...

Ruby10.jpg

Ruby11.jpg

Ruby12.jpg

Ruby13.jpg

Patches is addicted to a laser light. Her daddy and she have played with it since we got her. She knows where the light usually shows up and will stand and pounce on the spot until it appears. I need to get a picture the next time they are playing.

My dog loves the laser light too. It is so funny to watch her chase that thing alll over the yard !

Rory is obsessed with the laser. We don't play with it anymore... I got it for my friend's cat and we played w/ it over there at her place. Now every time Rory goes over there, he immediately starts looking for the red dot ("R-D" for code.... :roll: )

We were at the CKCS show in SF and someone had one and I had to take Rory out of the room because if he had seen it he would have obsessed over it and I NEVER would have been able to get around the ring once w/ him!!! :shock:

He also chases slivers of light from the blinds or any doorway or the little light my camera shines out to focus. :roll:

It's cute, but it makes me wonder.... :oops:

Must get one of those for the cats. I imagine Jaspar would like it; he has chased reflections of light on the floor. Just be sure it doesn't get near their eyes of course as they will cause retinal damage if the dogs/cats look into the laser beam... ;)

Maxx isn't interested in anything like this but when I was younger we had a welsh terrier at home and she would chase anything - I often wondered about her sanity LOL

We rented "Finding Neverland" last week and there's a scene where they use a mirror to crate a light reflection that's supposed to be Tinkerbell and Rory saw that and ran up to the TV and tried to get it!!! :shock: :lol:

I was cracking up. He's crazy. ;)

Back