• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Where are you all??????

Maxxs_Mummy

Well..... I know the weather is hot and that you all probably ahve better things to do but Karlin does a wonderful job with this site - lets support her :D

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy up pops another one ;) Now we only need a few more and we can have a party - i could do with a party after the day I've had and my youngest is demanding that we stay up and go to W H Smith at midnight to collect his Harry Potter novel icon_yikes

Hello everyone. I'm here too. :D

It's a bit late but this is the first chance I've had all day to get on the board.

Hi Donna,

My baby is called Chloe, she is 2 years and 2 months now. She is so precious to us. I would never of believed a dog could give out so much affection and love as she does.

That particular photo of Chloe is a favourite of mine and I have on the back ground to my computer. I really must get aroung to posting some more sometime.

I've just given her a lovely cool shower as the weather is so hot right now. We are having our garden landscaped at the moment and her fur the last couple of weeks has felt all gritty and dry from rolling around in the mess out there. I've slapped loads of conditioner on her so I hope that helps. I couldn't believe in this heat she was still shivering though but a quick blast of the hair dryer soon warmed her through.

Maxx's coat looks lovely and thick. I bet that takes some brushing to keep thost horrible matts from forming. Chloe has one behind her ear round now that is taking me a while to get out. I'm tempted to get the clippers on it. She is good though she loves a brush every other day and apart from her tail she lets me tackle any matts.

Anyway lets hope this nice weather keeps up especially as the kids break up next week.

Keep in touch. :D

Hi Julie,

Chloe is a lovely name and she really is sooooooooooo beautiful :D

I know what it's like with the grit in their coats - we had to gut our house when we moved in and all Maxx wanted to do was get under the workmens feet and raid their toolboxes for rawlplugs and other bits he could chew on. I think he almost drove them mad LOL

One day my electrician came back after leaving me for another job and asked if I'd seen Maxx with anything of his - little devil had swiped his pliers & taken them out the garden :lol: Luckily we only employed workmen who liked Maxx and vice versa!

We're about to start on the garden next, so heaven knows what sort of mess he'll get in then. It's a bit cooler here today, what's it like with you? I bought Maxxy a shelter from Morrisons for £7.99 - it's really good but he won't go in it :?

Tbh Maxx's coat doesn't take that much upkeep. I do brush him every day for about ten minutes but have done since he was a puppy. It's as therapeutic for me as it is for him - and he knows he gets a gravy bone at the end hahaha I've had a lot of his coat thinned out since that pic though as he was so hot, he's not shown or anything so felt it was mean to make him walk round carrying it - he was like a woolie bear LOL.
Did you know that if you cut the mat across the middle and then start combing gently but firmly it will usually pull out? The ones Maxx gets are usually in his 'armpits' and under his collar - his ears aren't usually too bad - he just drops them in his water bowl and has to ahve them wrung out :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm going to burn Harry Potter - my youngest son made me queue up at midnight for it and has hardly put it down since. It's getting beyond a joke now and his conversational skills are 'grunt, grunt' so hubby has made him put the book up as punishment :badgrin:

Oooh thank you so much, what a wonderful compliment - my son usually calls me 'bettttttttttttttttttttccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh' icon_yikes - charming teenager that he is :roll:

Back