• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

no foster today!

Cathy T

Bummer!! Turns out the little guy is a cavalier and pekingnese mix so not eligible for rescue from our club. But, there were 3 or 4 waiting to take him home so he is going home today with someone! There is a ruby female but she has a problem with her front leg so the big club will take her. We have the possibility of a black and tan 2 year old male coming in on Thursday. Guess what?? I volunteered for him!

We'll see what happens. Like I always say...if it's meant to be, it will!

Cathy: All of you foster moms have the biggest hearts!!!!!!!!! Good luck! Maybe one of the new ones will work out. Keep us posted.

Are these coming through your local cavalier club? Here's hoping you get the b&t. Post a ppic if you foster him!! :)

Yes Karlin - they are coming into our local club. The B&T boy is 2 1/2 years old and is coming directly to the club from his owner who is giving him up due to complications from her divorce. I should know more later today. Of course I'll post pics!!

Gosh can you imagine ever giving up a *cavalier* due to a divorce? With me, it would be more like hiring the best lawyer possible to make sure *I* got the dogs!!

Sounds like this will be fun for you and Jake and Shelby! Will you get first dibs to keep him? :lol:

karlin said:
Gosh can you imagine ever giving up a *cavalier* due to a divorce? With me, it would be more like hiring the best lawyer possible to make sure *I* got the dogs!!

Sounds like this will be fun for you and Jake and Shelby! Will you get first dibs to keep him? :lol:

Actually - she got custody of the dog but has to go back to work full time and doesn't feel she can devote sufficient time to the dog. She has been stay at home with him all of this time (2 1/2 years) and now has to go out to work. I admire her for making this decision but at the same time...thinking it may be a hasty decision. We'll see. I should hear more toay or tomorrow. I believe I get first dibs to keep him. Just not getting my hopes up and going to play it by ear. Even if we can't keep him Jake and Shelby will have fun with another playmate in the house!

:cry: I've just posted on your other thread! Sorry, just seen that you are not getting the Blenheim :cry:

Good news on the B&T though ;) I must admit that I have a real soft spot for B&T's - they remind me of baby rotties (which I love too) except they don't squish your lap :lol:

LOL @ Karlin! When we got Maxx I made sure he was registered in my name - therefore he is my dog & hubby doesn't get a look in - except I would claim maintenance to keep Maxxy in the manor to which he is accustomed - I told hubby he gets the kids, I get the dog & the house :lol: Fair swap if you ask me :lol:

I had a client today ask me "John in one hand, Jake and Shelby in other, which one?" Don't put that question to me :D

I'd solve that 'problem' by getting another dog! :lol: But realise that may not be everyone's choice in a divorce and back to work scenario.

I assume your club requires her to sign over the dog fully if she hands it in to rescue? Every now and then rescues have problems with people who change their minds -- after the dog has been placed. Even going to a foster home, it is tough to return the dog especially if the dog has been fostered with a mind to homing (and there's always the residual concern that the person may change their mind again but be too embarrassed to give the dog to rescue and do something else instead). Thus most rescues require people to sign over the dog fully and at that point it is no longer the owner's. It is unfair to rescue to see them as a holding place while people sort out their problems or thinking. Unofrtunately some people don't really think through the impact or consequences til afterwards. It's a tough area sometimes but I do side with the total signover approach -- after all they have asked for help and arranged a service that now involves other parties and their hopes and desires. Likewise former owners are not ever told where a dog is rehomed to.

[quote="hubby doesn't get a look in - except I would claim maintenance to keep Maxxy in the manor to which he is accustomed - I told hubby he gets the kids, I get the dog & the house :lol: Fair swap if you ask me :lol:[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's exactly how I see it Donna. I'm glad someone has the same sense of humour as me!

Back