Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puppies, puppies, puppies

Post Thanks / Like

Default Puppies, puppies, puppies

I spoke to the lady who bred Maxx today and she's expecting a litter next week icon_banana

She doesn't normally sell any of her pups but only has a litter when she wants more dogs herself - her and her Mum have loads (she's got 14 herself!!!!) however, she has said that if I want one then it's mine......

Now to convince hubby that we really do need another baby to keep Maxx company icon_crssedfingers

Post Thanks / Like

Got my fingers crossed for you!! Keep working it!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

14!! Imagine a house full of 14 cavaliers! Well you will have a good few weeks to work on him and can always casually bring him over to see the puppies when they are getting really irresistable...
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool!! I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed.

Plan! Everyone post pics of their pups playing with other Cavs so Maxx's mum can show hubby how wonderful it will be!!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
    --Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

Shelby and Jake getting to know Rory:

Shelby really getting to know Rory! (blurry but cute)

So sweet!

Getting to know baby sister

Tug of war

Playing at the park

Jake keeping Shelby company after her knee surgery (had to keep her tethered to keep her from jumping on the furniture)

At cav paw tea with Monty and Gem:

Yep, snoozing together again

Two are sooo much fun!!!
    Cathy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karlin
    14!! Imagine a house full of 14 cavaliers!
    LOL Karlin, she has got a huge house and an exceptionally large garden. She also lives right opposite a huge park with loads of open spaces to run the dogs in My youngest son always wanted 101 Cavaliers - just like the Dalmatians in the film Don't know where the money would come from to feed them though.....

Cathy & Rory's Mum, those photo's have made me really broody now - I have got to have one of those pups

Actually, hubby knows how good Maxx is with others - his best friend is Poppy, a 13 month old Blenheim, who he's adored since he first clapped eyes on her - the feeling's mutual though, they sit and kiss each other LOL

I think this is half the problem, I probably pay Maxx more attention than i do him so he's thinking he won't get a look in with two - as if I'd do that

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

ah, but you know the rule -- once there are two, one quickly will become 'his' dog and suddenly he'll be thinking about a third to keep the other two company...
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Haha that's fine by me....................

Maxx is a real traitor anyway - he's my dog all day then Dad comes home....

I just get to groom, bathe, clean up after, feed, walk and everything else - he gets the love and kisses

I mean, if Maxx throws up on a rug, does he clean it up???? Does he heck as like - he calls me and says come and see what Maxx has done for you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karlin
    ah, but you know the rule -- once there are two, one quickly will become 'his' dog and suddenly he'll be thinking about a third to keep the other two company...
    That's exactly what happened with us. John was a little jealous of all of the attention Jake gave me. When we got Shelby and she bonded with him...then he got it!! He's even the one who broached the subject of a third. And all he wanted originally was a kitty! Sucker!!
    Cathy

Post Thanks / Like

I think jeff is jealous and wants a Cav of his own, too. He has previously said he doesn't want another Cav but since we've been showing and he's really gotten into it he's said a few times that he wants another. Especially after the CKCSC specialty when he saw all these gorgeous dogs running together in the park!
    Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
    --Roger Caras