• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Puppies, puppies, puppies

Maxxs_Mummy

I spoke to the lady who bred Maxx today and she's expecting a litter next week icon_banana

She doesn't normally sell any of her pups but only has a litter when she wants more dogs herself - her and her Mum have loads (she's got 14 herself!!!!) however, she has said that if I want one then it's mine......

Now to convince hubby that we really do need another baby to keep Maxx company icon_crssedfingers cavtiny

14!! :shock: Imagine a house full of 14 cavaliers! :lol: Well you will have a good few weeks to work on him and can always casually bring him over to see the puppies when they are getting really irresistable...

Very cool!! I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed.

Plan! Everyone post pics of their pups playing with other Cavs so Maxx's mum can show hubby how wonderful it will be!! :D

abfb9f13.jpg

Shelby and Jake getting to know Rory:

HPIM0876.jpg

Shelby really getting to know Rory! (blurry but cute)

HPIM0879.jpg

So sweet!

HPIM0327.jpg

Getting to know baby sister
HPIM0276.jpg

Tug of war
HPIM0603.jpg

Playing at the park
HPIM0784.jpg

Jake keeping Shelby company after her knee surgery (had to keep her tethered to keep her from jumping on the furniture)
HPIM0741.jpg

At cav paw tea with Monty and Gem:
HPIM0681.jpg

Yep, snoozing together again
HPIM0645.jpg

Two are sooo much fun!!!

karlin said:
14!! :shock: Imagine a house full of 14 cavaliers! :lol:

LOL Karlin, she has got a huge house and an exceptionally large garden. She also lives right opposite a huge park with loads of open spaces to run the dogs in :lol: My youngest son always wanted 101 Cavaliers - just like the Dalmatians in the film :lol: Don't know where the money would come from to feed them though.....

Cathy & Rory's Mum, those photo's have made me really broody now - I have got to have one of those pups :lol:

Actually, hubby knows how good Maxx is with others - his best friend is Poppy, a 13 month old Blenheim, who he's adored since he first clapped eyes on her - the feeling's mutual though, they sit and kiss each other LOL

I think this is half the problem, I probably pay Maxx more attention than i do him so he's thinking he won't get a look in with two - as if I'd do that icon_whistling icon_whistling

ah, but you know the rule -- once there are two, one quickly will become 'his' dog and suddenly he'll be thinking about a third to keep the other two company... :lol:

Haha that's fine by me....................

Maxx is a real traitor anyway - he's my dog all day then Dad comes home....

I just get to groom, bathe, clean up after, feed, walk and everything else - he gets the love and kisses :roll:

I mean, if Maxx throws up on a rug, does he clean it up???? Does he heck as like - he calls me and says come and see what Maxx has done for you!

karlin said:
ah, but you know the rule -- once there are two, one quickly will become 'his' dog and suddenly he'll be thinking about a third to keep the other two company... :lol:

That's exactly what happened with us. John was a little jealous of all of the attention Jake gave me. When we got Shelby and she bonded with him...then he got it!! He's even the one who broached the subject of a third. And all he wanted originally was a kitty! Sucker!!

I think jeff is jealous and wants a Cav of his own, too. ;) He has previously said he doesn't want another Cav but since we've been showing and he's really gotten into it he's said a few times that he wants another. ;) Especially after the CKCSC specialty when he saw all these gorgeous dogs running together in the park!

icon_crssedfingers for you getting another puppy. Wouldn't that be great for Maxx. I'm sure your hubby will come around to the idea when he sees photo's of a litter.

Good luck ;)

:oops: Errrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmm he'll have to come round to the idea sooner rather than later. I haven't told him yet but I have already asked her to put my name on a little girl :oops:

My thinking is that there's a week before they are born and then there's another week before I go to see them. I'll take pics of course and ooh and aaahhh and gush and be all upset because I 'can't' have one.

Then I'll try the same trick on him as he's played on me before now - I'll say that no one wants the pup and it is danger of being PTS ( a total mistruth of course) - if he still says no then I'll cry and say I want a divorce as he obviously doesn't love me enough to let me have another puppy ;)

Does this plan sound good enough or should I try something else????

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah I think you've got it covered with that plan...unless you could come up with a way to make him think it was his idea! ;) Guys love it when they think they were the ones responsible for something!

Donna you are too funny. You've definitely got this all planned out don't you? If your ideas don't work....nothing will!!

Cathy, I've learned from spending my whole darned life surrounded by men that you have to be cunning :lol: :lol: :lol:

If my ideas don't work, I'm leaving home & then who will pick up their dirty socks and put them nice and clean back in their drawers? And who will clean up after them all and buy and cook the food?

They'll soon want me back, dogs and all :lol: :lol: :lol:

Max's mom, you are so right there. I am always convincing my hubby that things were his idea and it's now got to the stage that if I don't convince him, he convinces himself..... :roll:

MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who'd have them? LOL icon_slapper

Back