Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pics of Harry

Post Thanks / Like

He has a very earnest look on his face in the last picture - what was he about to do??????

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

To me that looks like the "I know there's a treat in your hand" look...
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Harry was running over to me for a kiss! cos he just loves his mummy to bits!!

Karlin, Harry is tiny, my rabbits are bigger! maybe i've measured him wrong......
    i'm not bothered how big he grows to be, but his breeder said he'd be on the small side.
    I have his KC papers that state he was born on the 19th april, so that will make him 14 weeks old tomorrow.
    I have just read that link Karlin, and harry was one of 2 pups, his sister died at 4 days old. so maybe thats why he looks so big right now???

Thanks maxxs_mummy for posting those photo's again

Post Thanks / Like

No wonder Harry loves his kisses so much, I bet his first human Mummy showered him with them. I'm surprised that as he was the only surviving one that she let you have him LOL

If I had a bitch I don't think I could ever let her have a litter - i'd want to keep all of the puppies - hubby would never get a look in then!

My kids (teenagers) are convinced that I'm going to become this mad old woman with 20 dogs who wanders round talking to herself all day & who smells of wee.... Charming eh????

Post Thanks / Like

he's ADORABLE !!! icon_heartthrob congrat's with him icon_flowers on the last pic the tail is on full speed "chasing,chasing,chasing,"
    Grima mommy of two wonderful cavaliers Andrea(blenheim) and Diva (ruby)

-Assa tricolor cavalier waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes Laura says they will tend to be larger as puppies if from small litters. Weight is a better guideline too -- it is helpful (and interesting!) to track weights as they grow. Picture angles are always hard to tell too. I'd think 9 inches is tall at three months (adult size is only about 12 inches and he has plenty of growing to do yet!) but some get growth spurts and get all lanky then even out -- they are fun to watch as they grow as it is all different. I'd get a weight for him now and then start tracking -- this is a good idea for general health purposes as it makes it easy to see if there's a problem later on. To be honest though I can't imagine him being 'on the small size' as the breeder said... and with all due respect, I'd wonder a little at her saying this. These are really, really tiny puppies and usually don't start to get any real size til about 6 months old - but a weight measurement will give you a more reliable indication of where he falls and how big he is likely to be. Again size is not an issue! But 'on the small side' for a cavalier means the low end of the breed standard of 13-18lbs -- maybe 13-14 lbs as an adult? Just going by the pics I'd guess he might weigh in at 9-10 already and probably heading for the mid- high 20s as an adult --so if I'm way off you'll know we are just getting confused by picture angles and your breeder is right! I know from the Irish rescue folks I work with that sometimes a picture can really not give a sense of size or even of breed!!!

I sure love those earnest puppy faces! And love how cavalier puppies have tails that are still all rolled up.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

my daughter is 8 (and average sized)

I'm taking Harry to the vets tomorrow to register him so will have him weighed then.

Harry is not in a good mood right now, we've just had a visit from the dog warden to have his microchip done, and he screamed :cry:

my poor baby

Post Thanks / Like

Oh poor Harry :~( Could your Vet not have chipped him tomorrow? Maxx was chipped on his 1st visit to Uncle James and he still loves him so it couldn't have hurt that much LOL.

Let us know how he gets on won't you. Is it going to be a family visit? Kids love being involved with anything to do with their new puppies well being, and your kids & Harry are obviously in love with each other

Post Thanks / Like

vet couldn't see harry today, so i'm taking him next week, but they have his details so if i need to see a vet he's on their records.

The dog warden does microchipping for free, so thats why he came to do it, and harry's fine today