• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pics of Harry

Maxxs_Mummy

Harry's Mum couldn't get the pics to load so I'm going to have a try for her - here goes....

Picture1083.jpg

Picture1080.jpg

Picture1067.jpg

Picture1066.jpg

Picture1060a.jpg

Picture1060.jpg

Isn't he just delicious????????[/b]

Thank you Maxxs_mummy!

well our first night went great, he slept like a baby in his crate, no accidents, no crying, nothing!

this morning he went outside for a wee, but pooped in the house, i think i brought him in too quick!

will take some more pics today and post them later.

Any more problems just give me a shout :)

I am sooooooooooooooooooo jealous of you, he is a truly gorgeous little baby. May you all have many happy, healthy years together :) icon_heartthrob icon_thumbsup icon_heartthrob

He sure is a cutie.

The kids look like they are pleased to have Harry join their family. :D

Congratulations and good luck.

He's so cute!! How old is he?? He looks big! But that may just be because he's in pictures with children! :lol: Rory was a porker when we got him! :D 7lbs and 10.5 weeks! :shock:

Glad to hear the first night went well ! You'll get to know his schedule better and know when he probably needs to go poo, so you can give him a little extra time in the yard. Congratulations to your family! I can't think of a better addition than a puppy. :D

Hi Rory,

He's almost 14 weeks old, and i think he's tiny, (15 inches long (bottom to tip of nose) and 9 inches high!)

He's had no more accidents, silly mummy :D :roll: ;)

Very cute. Some kids are sure going to be happy! :lol:

Just for reference -- that's a big boy all right for 14 weeks -- usually at that age they should just be about 7 lbs (3kg); he looks maybe double that? He looks about the size or maybe even a bit larger than my tri Leo, who is nearly two. Not that it's an issue at all, it just means you will have a big cavalier (unless the dog is older than the breeder was saying). Here's a rule of thumb for size:

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=31

In another two-three weeks he should be about half the weight he will be as an adult, which will give you a good sense of where you will end up. They generally have done most of their growing by a year but continue to add a bit of heft especially males, up to 18 months to 2 years, according to various breeders.

Wow Karlin,

That's an interesting article. Maxx is a bigger than average cavalier - everyone says what a big boy he is and he towers over just about every other Cavalier we've ever met!

Anyway, Heather has sent more pics of Harry.....

Picture1092.jpg

Picture1093.jpg

Picture1095.jpg

Harry was running over to me for a kiss! cos he just loves his mummy to bits!!

Karlin, Harry is tiny, my rabbits are bigger! maybe i've measured him wrong......
i'm not bothered how big he grows to be, but his breeder said he'd be on the small side.
I have his KC papers that state he was born on the 19th april, so that will make him 14 weeks old tomorrow.
I have just read that link Karlin, and harry was one of 2 pups, his sister died at 4 days old. so maybe thats why he looks so big right now???

Thanks maxxs_mummy for posting those photo's again

No wonder Harry loves his kisses so much, I bet his first human Mummy showered him with them. I'm surprised that as he was the only surviving one that she let you have him LOL

If I had a bitch I don't think I could ever let her have a litter - i'd want to keep all of the puppies - hubby would never get a look in then!

My kids (teenagers) are convinced that I'm going to become this mad old woman with 20 dogs who wanders round talking to herself all day & who smells of wee.... Charming eh???? :roll:

he's ADORABLE !!! icon_heartthrob congrat's with him icon_flowers on the last pic the tail is on full speed "chasing,chasing,chasing," :lol:

Yes Laura says they will tend to be larger as puppies if from small litters. Weight is a better guideline too -- it is helpful (and interesting!) to track weights as they grow. Picture angles are always hard to tell too. I'd think 9 inches is tall at three months (adult size is only about 12 inches and he has plenty of growing to do yet!) but some get growth spurts and get all lanky then even out -- they are fun to watch as they grow as it is all different. I'd get a weight for him now and then start tracking -- this is a good idea for general health purposes as it makes it easy to see if there's a problem later on. To be honest though I can't imagine him being 'on the small size' as the breeder said... and with all due respect, I'd wonder a little at her saying this. These are really, really tiny puppies and usually don't start to get any real size til about 6 months old - but a weight measurement will give you a more reliable indication of where he falls and how big he is likely to be. Again size is not an issue! But 'on the small side' for a cavalier means the low end of the breed standard of 13-18lbs -- maybe 13-14 lbs as an adult? Just going by the pics I'd guess he might weigh in at 9-10 already and probably heading for the mid- high 20s as an adult --so if I'm way off you'll know we are just getting confused by picture angles and your breeder is right! :) I know from the Irish rescue folks I work with that sometimes a picture can really not give a sense of size or even of breed!!! :oops:

I sure love those earnest puppy faces! :lol: And love how cavalier puppies have tails that are still all rolled up.

my daughter is 8 (and average sized)

I'm taking Harry to the vets tomorrow to register him so will have him weighed then.

Harry is not in a good mood right now, we've just had a visit from the dog warden to have his microchip done, and he screamed :cry:

my poor baby

Oh poor Harry :~( Could your Vet not have chipped him tomorrow? Maxx was chipped on his 1st visit to Uncle James and he still loves him so it couldn't have hurt that much LOL.

Let us know how he gets on won't you. Is it going to be a family visit? Kids love being involved with anything to do with their new puppies well being, and your kids & Harry are obviously in love with each other :lol:

vet couldn't see harry today, so i'm taking him next week, but they have his details so if i need to see a vet he's on their records.

The dog warden does microchipping for free, so thats why he came to do it, and harry's fine today

Back