• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

News: Friendly Thoughts

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Thought this was kinda cute!

From the Athens, Georgia Banner-Herald

Phillips: Friendly thoughts

Cultural Studies

By Julie Phillips

Of course, I could write this column under the guise I'm in Athens at my desk. But the truth is, I'm on vacation. And however short vacations seem to feel once you return home, when you're in the midst of them, you might as well be on another planet, your "real" life feels so far away. (Especially when you're writing said column with THE cutest dog in the entire universe snoozing on your lap - my little sister's; a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel called Lovey who lives up to her name and with whom I dare any little-dog dissenter to even try not to fall in love, because it would be impossible not to fall in love with Lovey, I swear).

Sorry to digress.

So last week, I talked to some of the organizers of Athens Rewind and learned even more about that legendary era in Athens that's been written about so many times.

Writers gather and relay details as best we can, but clearly the late 1970s and early '80s had an aura that's difficult to put on the page. You can hear it in the way the stories are relayed and see it on the faces as they remember.

We can speculate as to why it was such a special time - it was all simpler then, they say; a smaller town, less to do, a more innocent age.

But why isn't really important. What's important is who. I asked one Rewind organizer, Julie House, if she was, when talking to people she hadn't spoken with in years, able to pick right back up where she'd left off with them. She said that was indeed the case; as if no time had passed between them.

It's the blessing that comes with great friendships.

We wish the Rewinders a great time reminiscing and sharing time together in the town where their friendships began. Because however cheesy it sounds, friendships really are the greatest gift in life.

Take it from Lovey.

Published in the Athens Banner-Herald on Thursday, July 28, 2005

Awwwwwwwwww so sweet :D I dare anyone not to fall in love with a CKCS - how can they not ????? They are too irresistible for words LOL :lol:

Back