• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Willow's first vet appt.

Lindee

Well, I finally got my little guy into the vet today and he did GREAT! He was so well-behaved and everyone accosted us to pet him. He has no problems and the vet even said his knees feel perfect. He got a rabies shot and I brought home the heartworm stuff and a free sample of that flea/tick stuff. He weighs 19 pounds, the vet thought that was fine-I bet he weighed more when he first got here. I wouldn't mind seeing him lose 1 or 2 more..he feels heavy to me. Anyway..he's pooped...hates the car...and very tired out from the whole ordeal I'm sure.
Lindee

What a good boy!! glad to hear he was good and friendly to the vet. :D

A good tip if your dog is fearful of the vet is to take him/her to the clinic just to hang out. Give treats. Sit in the lobby. If they aren't too busy, ask to take the dog into the room and give him treats there. By giving your dog multiple positive experiences at the hospital, hopefully he/she will be less nervous when having to go in for an exam or treatment.

Glad your first visit went well.

The girls at my vet's office are great about me bringing Jake and Shelby in just to visit. We go in, step on the scale, visit, get a treat and leave. They love going to the vet's office!! When Jake had his mouth surgery we made sure to go back two weeks later a couple of times over the next few weeks so he didn't associate bad things with the office. It worked...you should hear them raising hell when we pull into the parking lot...can't wait to go in and get a treat and a pat on the head!

Aww, bless all the little angels. Maxx adores James, our Vet (a fellow Cavalier owner ;) ) and so whinges and grizzles as soon as we turn into the road where his surgery is :lol:

He's out of the car before me & then pulls me into the surgery. He then rushes up to the counter as he knows that he's going to get a fuss - especially if his favourite Vet nurses are on duty!

These doga are such floozies, they'll do anything for a fuss ;) :lol:

Louie went for his first vacc about a week and a half ago and i thought he would freak! But he sat on the vet's counter and let her check him out to make sure he's healthy!! :D :lol:

Mine are fine at the vet as well. They went in today as Leo needed a blood test -- they immediately get up on the chairs in the waiting room like little patients... :lol:

Back