• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

a separate dedicated board on SM

SM

Consolidation would be good! This information is great, I've printed it all off and made a folder for our vet. Thanks so much!

I like how it's incorporated here w/ other topics besides the depressing SM topic. I think it's important for people to celebrate the wonderful things about their dogs and enjoy the company of other Cav lovers while getting support for SM. I think you should keep it incorporated here.

Well, I can put a separate forum over there as well -- but what I will wait and see is whether there's the demand for a separate forum. Right now traffic is light and it may remain that way in which case I'd be loathe to set up a relatively untrafficked forum over on the SM site, and would rather keep it incorprated here. Rory you raise a good reason for keeping it here.

I think 1 board is better. There's no reason to make a whole new board. Having the SM forum here is sufficient. Once you make another one, the traffic on both will decrease. Might as well increase traffic here by linking the SM site to this board and creating a large, supportive community rather than 2 smaller, mostly unused boards.

SM

Maybe I've misunderstood. I was thinking you were simply moving SM related articles to the new SM site. If you meant that you were going to open an actual board with dialogue/posts, then I'd have to say that I prefer just this site. I agree with it being a bit overwhelming and depressing, which is why I don't visit the Chiari board anymore.
Maybe consolidating Clare's newsletter with the SM articles would be a good option.

I will probably put the newsletters over on the website and then link from within the health documents. The problem with merging them is I can't keep them together -- I can't create subhaedings within a forum, only post messages. With the website I can post them in their original format with pics. I'll get around to that shortly.

The formatting has a glitch on the website too that I can't resolve. Very annoying. I might have to remake up some of the pages. Sometimes I hate Word and its automatic formatting...

Karlin, firstly thanks for doing it :)

Secondly, I agree with Rory's mum and Jen. I much prefer this forum to the AC one. I posted the story about Maxx and the frog over there and got told off! I wouldn't mind but Maxx has SM too - sometimes we need something to cheer us up and brighten our days a bit.

It actually cheered me up to think that he wanted to play with the frog - he hadn't wanted to play with ANYTHING for about four months :(

SM

I do think the Chiari board is helpful, but I can't visit it daily like I can/do this board. And yes, thank you Karlin for all the effort!!

I love the way the SM website links over to this topic on the Message Board. Also, by keeping this Board the way it is now... may help keep the problem in perspective. Seeing posts celebrating the fun side of life with Cavaliers (like the froggy post), is equally important.

Thanks for all your hard work, Karlin.

All the SM newsletters are now on the SM Infosite with full html so there are pictures etc; thus I deleted the archive I had of them here in the FAQs as those versions are better. I've linked to them in the Health faqs Be sure to read the latest newsletter just in today; it looks like the genome work is going very well and thus we may begin to get the genetic markers that will help identify whether dogs have SM *without* them needing an MRI. This is very exciting. Lots of other news as well.

Back