Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: :( Naughty Maxxy :(

Post Thanks / Like

Default :( Naughty Maxxy :(

This morning at 6.15am I was awoken by my hubby to tell me that our rather large (raised) pond had decided to empty itself overnight :cry:

He'd been up since 5am to go to work and had caught most of the fish instead of having his breakfast so my youngest son and myself got up to try and catch the rest.

Hubby managed to get back home at 8.30 and we then discovered that the pipe that feeds the water back into the pond after it's been filtered had come adrift and just flooded parts of the garden icon_yikes

We had buckets of fish everywhere and one of the rather large goldfish must have jumped out un noticed by us.

Guess who found it???? Yup, his lordship, Sir Maxximillion. Little demon was playing with it and swiping it with his paw and chewing it :cry:

Needless to say the fishy is now at Rainbow Bridge and Maxx spent most of the day being sick - I guess goldfish sushi isn't that good for Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like

ooh that sounds like a pickle
    Evan and little Louie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

icon_yuk
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

I agree Karlin, why are they so gross at times? What gets me is the look they give you when you dare to tell them 'no'!

Maxx had a right strop on with my hubby for most of yesterday because he rescued the poor fish

He kept running back and forth between me and hubby too, giving him the disgusted look and me the butter wouldn't melt look LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes I know that look; I get it when I take some disgusting bit of bone out of their mouths that they've found on the streeet, or when I intervene before they can roll in fresh horse poop (oh, I can see Jaspar begin to lower his shoulder and go into that sideways roll favoured for smearing as much poop all over his body as possible... icon_yikes ).
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Are the fish OK? Sometimes they don't do well with fresh water. Or was there still a bit left at the bottom of the pond?
    Pansy and her mum, MaryBelle

Post Thanks / Like

The rest of the fish are fine Pansy. There was about six inches of water left in the pond. We always put treatment in there as well. Some of the fish are about 7 or 8 years old now and absolutely HUGE!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Would love to see a photo of Maxxy with the pond sometime. It must be quite large and deep for the fish to survive over the winter. Am always interested in pond designs. Raised ones are particularly interesting since we only have a couple of inches of soil over rock.

Have 17 terrapins currently living in a very large kiddie pool on my porch... pending construction of a new pond. No goldfish or koi currently (the turtles eat them), though do raise guppies which the turts ignore. The only time the doglets are interested is at feeding time. The turts get cat food. Sorted that out by feeding all at the same time, but the furkids eat in my bedroom.

Take care,
    MaryBelle, Pansy's (human) mum

Post Thanks / Like

Ah well, to take a pic of Maxxy with the pond I will have to get someone to pick him up! Ours is about 3'6" tall and he can't reach
    That's the reason we built it up - he can't fall in then!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Donna .. that would mean bringing a lot of blocks or cement over to the Island. Will try digging <G> or doing a combo Many thanks... still may do the building route..
    Pansy and her mum, MaryBelle