Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: :( Naughty Maxxy :(

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mary Belle,

I've posted two pics of our pond below. Please ignore the fact that it needs repainting and also the bushes and mess surrounding it! We have been in this house for 2 years and spent the whole time gutting the inside of it .

The scruffy fence belongs to our next door neighbours (we are going to paint our side ) and the window is the garage - hence hubby's mess in it!

We are just about to start on the garden, though hubby put his pond in within weeks of moving here - a case of needs must - the fish were living in huge barrels and needed their new home LOL

The pond is built from railway sleepers (we bought new as it was easier to size them). Hubby started off by having to put metal bands around them to support them but he has now drilled huge bolts right into the wood so they will be taken off when we re-paint. We bought a huge pond liner and stapled it right round so it doesn't move and then put the wooden ledge on it! So no need for bricks at all - just a bit of ingenuity LOL

It is very different to the pond that I'd said I wanted, brick built from old bricks and 2 ft high I swear my hubby doesn't understand English LOL

Post Thanks / Like

can't believe your hubby made that! very nice
    Evan and little Louie

Post Thanks / Like

That's lovely! The turtles would like to move in icon_drivingcar

I think sleepers might be more expensive than cinderblocks in Bermuda. But will investigate.

Thanks again.
    Pansy and her mum, MaryBelle

Post Thanks / Like

well the fish seem happy enough in it. the marks all over the top are from cleaning the pond. It's rained today so they'll have been washed away now

As I said, the garden is a real mess at the minute. It's better than it was as you could hardly move for brambles when we moved in - we couldn't believe there was actually a garden under it all

The fence on the opposite side was moved out 10ft yesterday so now the real work begins