• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

coughing

Jen

Has anyone heard of coughing being attributed to SM? Our neuro asked if Abbey coughs, and I'm kicking myself for not asking for an explanation...usually I'm the one with a million questions. I was pretty overwhelmed that day, and have since emailed him a few questions. We'll see what his answer is for the coughing symptom.

It could be he was asking this to rule out another problem. Just to get a complete history. I've never heard of coughing as a symptom of SM. Karlin?

Jen, I've only just seen this thread.

Well...... Maxxy has been 'coughing' for about 2 years. He even went into the Vets for 48 hours whilst they put camera's down his throat etc as they thought there might have been something stuck in there. The Vets had already tested his heart etc so we knew that wasn't the cause (they cough with MVD).

He'd be fine until he started to play and then would cough as if he was clearing his throat and go off in a huff :?

Then about 6 weeks ago he started taking the Frusemide for the SM & miraculously, the cough has almost disappeared!!!!

Must be a link somewhere but I'd love to know what. if you speak to the neurologist again then ASK HIM LOL

That's when we notice it with Abbey, too, when she's excited or just been running around. The vet said he'd call this week, if I haven't heard from him today I'm going to call him.
You know how it is when you're at the vet, there are a million questions, etc. and at times stuff just goes right over your head. :?

I'd be really interested to find out what he says. No one on the Chiari list has ever mentioned a cough that I know of. I might put a query there just to see.

BTW I have had a couple of emails to note that one of the US neuros is prescribing frusemide/furosemide now. Interesting; it is beginning to be seen as a valid treatment.

Karlin, it's working so well on Maxx that most of the time you'd not believe that there is anything wrong with him.

He's even back to being naughty - is that a good thing???? LOL

Back