• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New Heartcertificates!

Camilla Berntsson

Took Elton, Pyret and my sisters tri-bitch Kajsa to the vet this friday, and got them all new certificates. They were all clear (but I swear, I wasn´t! If the vet would have listened to my heart he would most certenly have heard a murmur!
Elton is 2½, Pyret 4½ and Kajsa is 3. Elton will mate Kajsa as soon as she is in season.

As he listened on Elton he said: when they are clear from murmur you don´t need to listen that hard because you now it! If they develope murmur at young age you often hear a different kind of sound when you listen before the murmur developes.

And today I got a email from Jenny, she has got a younger sister to Pyret, called Wilma.Yesterday they checked her heart and knees and it was all clear. Wilma is 3 y.o. Now they will take her to a vet and examine her eyes, and then maybe mate her. Her mum has a clear heart at 7, her daad got a small murmur at 6 but is still "alive and kicking" now 9 years old. His mum is great 11½y.o and still loving to go the shows. Last year she was second best veteran and second best B&t all ages.

Are you also going to get your babies MRI scanned for SM Camilla? Do you know of any Cavaliers in your Country that either suffer or carry it?

Maxx is the first in his 'breeder's' stock to show any signs of it :cry:

I have heard of three with the symptoms since 1991, one was diagnosed by vet. Different bloodlines etc. One of the once with symptoms was my own first B&T, she had the scratching, adn died suddenly, just collapsed in my arms, 4½years old. This was in 1996 and I didn't get her examined, which I regret now.

I printed out the info and gave to my vet, and we shall discus it later.

f the vet would have listened to my heart he would most certenly have heard a murmur!

:lol: I can imagine; it must be very nervewracking each time to take them in, and such a relief when they pass as clear. It sounds like a a very heart-strong group in your house.

I am hoping to find someone who does really good heart checks here. My vets listen but I have no sense of how good they are. The dogs are only just coming up on two so are getting around the age now when I'd like to get their first heart cert from a cardiologist. The club here doesn;t seem to be too active on that front. :|

Camilla Berntsson said:
I have heard of three with the symptoms since 1991, one was diagnosed by vet. Different bloodlines etc. One of the once with symptoms was my own first B&T, she had the scratching, adn died suddenly, just collapsed in my arms, 4½years old. This was in 1996 and I didn't get her examined, which I regret now.

I printed out the info and gave to my vet, and we shall discus it later.

Thanks Camilla, the more people who know about this the better :D

Back