Thread: Have you noticed???

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Have you noticed???

Okay ...Have you noticed the words "What have you got?" Mean in dog ..Swallow Quickly!!

Or

Whats in your mouth??? Swallow Quickly!!!

Dad was filling his pills and dropped a pill..cumadin(sp) Blood thinner..1 miligram

He called me in and there was Reggie crunching something... icon_yikes
    That was a emergency call to the vet.

I did learn a lot ... They instructed me to give him a teaspoon of Hydrogen peroxide to induce vomitting right away. For 10 lbs.
    We never found the pill and the vet told me that the quick response asured that he didn't get a large dose ..if infact he did get it..

What a night....but all is well..

Since ..he has learn all I have to do is question him and he swallows what he has .... Oh well....
    Kim
    Reggie, Honey & Missy
    Coloma, Michigan USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm glad this all ended well! It's a reminder to me that I have been meaning to get hydrogen peroxide around the house or similar to cause vomiting. It is SO easy to drop something like a pill and they will scramble for it thinking it's a treat. Mine do know 'leave it' but not 'drop it'; like yours mine think any request to stop eating something (usually disgusting!) means 'eat as quickly as possible before she tries to pry it out'.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Kimmisue,

I'm so glad it was OK too. What is it with these dogs? They are walking vacuum cleaners

Nowhere near as bad but last week I fed Maxx his usual dinner and was then dishing up for hubby and the kids. I dropped an oven chip on the floor - it was steaming hot. I said 'leave it' which he normally does, but it was too late. He'd already swallowed it. Twenty seconds later we heard the familiar grumbling and grunting and Maxx had thrown up about a weeks worth of food :cry:

Immediately he'd done that, he started to paw his dish again to tell me he was hungry

Post Thanks / Like

That was scary!! Yep, "what have you got" means "eat it quick before they get it!!"
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Yes we were very fortunate. Reggie knows "Off" but if it is in his mouth already like the pill was being eaten...forget it.
    Yesterday we had people over and I saw Hoover (Reggie) pick something up.So there I am ..his mouth open shaking him ...to get him to drop it..then fingure in mouth prying it off his tounge.
    Oh well.... The kitchen floor is clean
    Kim
    Reggie, Honey & Missy
    Coloma, Michigan USA