Thread: HOMED: jolly 8 year old deaf male blenheim

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default HOMED: jolly 8 year old deaf male blenheim

I am taking into rescue an 8 year old male blenheim, a family pet surrendered into the pound because the people said he is deaf. I am trying to get him out for Friday as I cannot collect him tomorrow; he will need a place of foster if anyone in Ireland is interested in doing this, and also is looking for a home. I'll post a pic as soon as I can get one. I am told he is a very happy cheerful fellow and gets along very well with other dogs.

If anyone can help or is interested in this man, let me know! I will also be notifying my list of people who have completed homing forms.

Deafness is a known breed issue especially for older cavaliers so this is not an unusual disability; however he has obviously got along very well without this being a problem for a long time, and it is easy to train using hand signals.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to see pics! We've trained Abbey with hand signals, because I'm sure at some point we'll use them more once her hearing goes.
    Poor guy. That makes me mad.
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorted to a home without me even getting the chance for pics! He is off by train down to Kerry today, then on to a new home. icon_banana
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

That's so great!!! icon_banana icon_banana

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Got a call to say he'd arrived safely in Kerry and is a total dote. He loves his cuddles, is as friendly as can be, and gets along perfectly with both cats and dogs at the rescue. He is then off to his new home tomorrow. He is however totally matted; clearly the owners who couldn't be bothered with a deaf cavalier also couldn't be bothered grooming him. He is already scheduled for a beauty session and will get his coat stripped and a bath! I am delighted this fellow will enjoy his senior years by people who will appreciate him far more than he has been.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

What a great ending, this makes me happy!!

Post Thanks / Like

That is such wonderful news Karlin. Let's hope this darling boy now experiences real love and attention. It makes me really mad too, Jen. Why do people take on a dog if they can't be bothered to even try and cope if there are problems?

Maxx copes really well with his deafness problems and he loves being brushed and groomed - as do most Cavaliers I personally wouldn't see a problem with taking on a deaf dog. It's not as if they turn into pit bulls overnight is it????