Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi Everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone,
    I'm Norah and am living in Co. Meath Ireland. I dont have any dogs at the moment but circumstances have changed for the better and now i am in a position to get a dog which is something I've wanted for a long time.

I have spent endless hours researching on the net and talking to peope who have CKCS's and have decided this is the dog for me!
    Would anyone be able to let me know about any reputable breeders in Ireland (I'm willing to drive to most parts of the country!)

There's lots of CKCS's for sale i.e. in newspapers etc., but I would like to buy from an established/ reputable breeded especially since this will be my first!!!! I have contacted the IKC already.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanking You
    Norah

Post Thanks / Like

hi norah

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Norah,

my sister is from Co. Meath too. Im also a new member. look forward to the chats.
    Edel
    I love you Lady

Post Thanks / Like

Norah,

Bonnie's breeder is in Newbridge, Co. Kildare. He obviously wont have another litter yet but if you want his details, pm me.

Lorraine.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone

I've been looking for about 6 weeks now (but not in the right places) and cant wait much longer!!!
    I'm very excited about getting this dog, it took weeks to convince my boyfriend to get one. He is mainly a cat lover (but also loves dogs), we had a kitten for almost a year who unfortunatly got knocked down outside the house recently. I cant go through the heartbreak again. I'm hoping that with a dog who wont be able to get out unless we take him/her out this wont happen. I know the dog wont live forever but it wont be out playing with the traffic!!!

Lorraine I'd love to get those details off you, the breeder may be able to let me know of anyone else who will have puppies soon.

Thanks a million

Norah

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! Good luck in your search!
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like

Hiya Norah and from me and Maxx. Hope you soon find the puppy of your dreams

Post Thanks / Like

I searched for 3 months before I found my breeder, and then waited for 5 more months before I got her...

Not the greatest cavalier, but as a pet she was adorable!

Good luck to you!
    Proud and loving owner to Zeraphina's Fancy Face ("Pyret")
    Zeraphina's Jacinta ("Lillan") and Bedecan Happy Red Lucky Luke ("Elton") as well as the papillon-Dame Sagina's Karamell ("Godis")

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Nora!
    I understand how hard the waiting is! Cavaliers are extra special and fairly rare compared to other breeds so unfortunately the waiting is part of the whole deal.

Have you also checked the Cavalier Connection Message Board? I also recommend a Yahoo! Group called Cavaliers Naturally. It has lots of breeders on it and you should have some luck there. You will have to join the group first, and it is an EXCELLENT list. I've learned tons about feeding and vaccinations and other health issues. It's primarily a list about raw feeding, but they are happy to discuss any sort of other Cav-related issues. I will go ahead and post right now to see if there are any breeders near you and I will let you know the results when I get them.

Good luck!
    "My little dog: A heartbeat at my feet."
    ~Edith Wharton

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all

I went to see one tonight but unfortunatly it wasn't the right one for me. I did however get 2 more names of other breeders so it wasn't a wasted journey.

Very excited now that I've seen one. Oh my God they are tiny at 8 weeks old!!!! Didn't realise just how small they would be.

Thanks again for all the help.