• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Maxxs_Mummy

I am NOT a happy bunny today. I am so tired I could scream :x
Last night I was soooooooooooooooooo tired & I had a thumping headache, so I though I'd have a nice hot bath & an early night :D

However, Maxx as usual, insisted on accompanying me to the bathroom. He lay by the side of the bath and then snored so loudly he sounded like a pneumatic drill :x I got out of the bath as it was hardly relaxing :lol:

Then I decided to go to bed - Maxx stayed downstairs with Daddy :D I was just dropping off when hubby came to bed - turning on every light upstairs including the bedroom one, the en-suite lights and his bedside lamp. Suddenly, thump, thump, thump Maxx was on his way upstairs - then he jumped on me and wanted a cuddle :roll:

He soon got fed up (just as I was nodding off again of course) and went on an exploration of the bedroom bin, dragging a magazine round the room and ripping it up, then off to the en-suite to lie on the nice cool floor - right across the doorway.... Oh got up to use the loo and 'bang' fell over Maxx! Maxx then decided to huff and puff in disgust & came and lay by my side - again snoring and grunting. Hubby was on the other side snoring and grunting as well :cry: so much so that I got up and left them to it! I think I must've gotten about an hours sleep last night.

Tonight I am going to lock myself in the spare room and leave them to it :roll:

Oh my !!! I hope you get a good nap in today.

I know exactly what you mean though...Reggie MUST be with me during bath time and if I go to bed he is with me...snuggled up against me or flopped over me.
Not that we spoil our animals and pay for it on these days :roll:

The other night I was moving boxes into the attic and as I came down the stairs from the master bedroom ...my helper icon_whistling decided to dart through my legs..sending me flying icon_yikes ...luckily at the bottom of the stairs there is a column and I grabbed it ...saving myself from any real damage.

Of course he had no idea why I was upset ... Gotta love em!! :D

Its amazing how they shadow us all the time isnt it. But thats part of the charm i suppose. If i have a shower Lady looks for me all over the house then comes scraping at the bathroom door until i leave her in and If i dont she will just cry.

I would really lover a ruby, thinking about it alot lately but i want to wait until Lady is a year old (she is 8 months). They are so cute and their coat is so rich.

I'm sorry, but I'm laughing!! You're description is hilarious!! :lol: :lol:

Last week, one of our cats decided crawling into the pillowcase was a good idea. He then freaked out and thrashed himself off the bed and of course Abbey was barking her head off at the walking pillow...all of this at 3am.
I didn't see the humor in it for a day or so...

Jen I am crying laughing after reading that :lol: Maybe Maxx isn't so bad after all. I am still considering making him and Daddy sleep alone tonight though and taking myself off to the spare room ;)

They are funny, aren't they? I can't imagine not having them, everyday they make me laugh. :lol:

They most certainly do make you laugh Jen :D I have never, ever encountered such an intelligent and wonderful breed of dogs. They don't need to talk do they? Their expressions say it all :lol:

My oldest son 'teases' Maxx. Trying to get him to play when he wants to sleep etc. maxx immediately shoots me this look that says 'I'm waiting for you to sort him out' . Rhys always says to him and don't bother telling Mummy because she's not going to rescue you LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Today, for some reason, Maxx has had extremely bad, smelly wind :? He'd sit down by one of us, let rip and then look accusingly at us and walk away :shock: Little tyke :roll:

Oh Donna and Jen, you have raised all the reasons for us to wonder why do we have them at all? :lol: :lol: I laughed out loud at the thought of the thrashing pillowcase. Leo once stuck his head into a chip bag (french fries bag) on the ground to get at some leftover chip while on a walk and it fit over his head like a glove (those of you in UK/Ireland will apppreciate the size of those bags being perfect for a cavalier head). Then he started dodging about with this bag on his head and I couldn't stop laughing, though I felt pretty guilty.

I'm Beginning to think that my Teddy has adopted my sigh.....I must sigh in my sleep because now during the night I hear Teddy make a most human sigh when he turns over on the bed! A sort of "Uuuum"--it really sounds human! Does anyone else's cavvie do this??? I swear he is almost human!

Nancy
NJ

Oh Karlin you are wicked :lol: I think Leo had best come and live with me to get away from his wicked mummy who laughs at his misfortunes ;) They are such greedy little dogs though, I'll bet the smell of that chip bag was just too tempting for him :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edel, I don't know about making human noises but Maxx snores louder than my hubby :lol:

Isabella can rip some awful ones...and I swear she'll wave her tail to fan it in our direction as she smiles at us!!! :shock:

2 of our girls have that sigh, they happen to be mother and daughter. You're right it sounds human! And they do it when they're awake and in the process of laying down (after they've circled about a dozen times!).

The chip bag reminded me. One of our dogs favorite toys is the cereal box liner. There are always a few crumbs left in the bottom and it's hilarious watching them try to get it. Just have to be careful to watch them the whole time to be sure they don't get into a suffocation situation.

Bruce
MysticKnight Cavaliers

tooooo funny

i have been in a grumpy mood all day because i am so tired and reading these posts has made me laugh soo much, keep them coming, your dogs surely are all stars.. :lol:

You just wait until you get that puppy Cleopatra, life will never be the same - there's never a dull moment with a Cavalier around :lol:

maxxs mummy , i am counting down the days, because in 4 wks time i will be a new cav mommy, and i actually feel sick to my stomach what with nerves and excitement....i am just wondering how on earth i am going to cope with me,my mum and my hubby fighting about who is going to get holding it ... :lol:

I n response to your post about your dog following you to the restroom, I have a question: Do you have to hide any bathroom paraphenalia from your dog? Our Scarlett will go after used Q-tips(gross), toilet paper, and panties ( yuck). She is fascinated with and will chew on all of them. We have had to take panties from her more than once because she will go in the bathroom when my girls are bathing and steal their underwear. EEEEW! :lol: She hawks them when they are in the tub, and she will grab used Q-tips off the side of the tub and run as if she has found gold!

LOL Nope my Maxx is the perfect gentleman. He just wants to be wherever I am - he did once steal a bright (and I mean bright) red lipstick that I used to use on the kids at Hallowe'en (for bloody lips) and ate it. Not only did it upset his tummy but he also had a bright red mouth for about 3 weeks :lol: He also likes toothbrushes and toothpaste but i think that's because he likes mint :lol:

I do have a little 'friend' who stayed with me a few weeks ago and she would steal everything from the bathroom including the towel that was meant for drying me. More than once I had to yell my kids to fetch me another towel so that I could get out of the bath!

It is impossible, not to mention illegal to shut a door on a dog in this house - you end up with extremely trashed doors where they ahve scratched them to pieces in their panic to get to you :roll:

Back