Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very Upset

Post Thanks / Like

Default Very Upset

Have just found a lump on Ritizi (whos eight)- and its not a cyst. Shes going into the vets tomorrow to get it removed.

I'm so worried that its the start of it....

People have been telling me that once older dogs start getting anesthetic when they're older that they start weakining.

I've spent my whole weekend crying and being upset.... Shes too young to leave me yet....
    www.pet-bliss.com for pet products
    www.poshpaws.ie Designer Pet Products
    www.gift-ireland.com voluntary group raising money for rescues

Post Thanks / Like

Keep us posted with your appointment. I could just be a fatty cyst, which are common in older dogs. Good luck, we'll be thinking of you!
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like

Think positive .. if you've had no problems before then this could just be a fatty cyst as Jen said... it's always worrying when we're imaging the worst but try not worry until there's a definite result ... you're not doing yourself or those around you any good .....

Let us know how it goes ... fingers crossed it's all ok .....

Post Thanks / Like

I found a lump on Shelby's neck Thursday night...about scared me to death. The vet did a needle aspirate and sent it out to the lab. Came back no cancer, only fatty cells. She's on antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory and all is well. The lump has gone down considerably. Have you had it checked? The vet felt she had a small lump of whatever that had gotten infected. But....definitely not cancer!!!! Don't worry...get information first. I'll be thinking about you and anxiously waiting to hear from you. But, think positive. I was scared to death and it turned out to be nothing.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Let us know as soon as you hear back! Lots of dogs get fatty cysts so don't worry til you know whether you need to worry or not. icon_crssedfingers
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hope things went well with the vet - I'm sure it will turn out to be less serious than you think - the amount of times I have worried needlessly about Sam and then everything works out fine...

Best of luck

Hilary & Sam

Post Thanks / Like

Shes out of surgery now and on her way home...

They're sending the lump off for tests to see what it is...

I'm just glad she made it through the anesthetic !

I'll find out more in a couple of days....

If it was fatty tissue, why didn't they do tests beforehand ?? I know he checked to see if it was a cyst by inserting a needle into it, but surely they could have done some other tests before removing it ?
    www.pet-bliss.com for pet products
    www.poshpaws.ie Designer Pet Products
    www.gift-ireland.com voluntary group raising money for rescues

Post Thanks / Like

Man...just posted a long post and it got lost!!

I think it's interesting that they actually removed the growth. Maybe better safe than sorry? My vet did a needle aspirate and told me immediately that he didn't see anything unusual. He sent a sample to the lab and called the next day to confirm what he originally diagnosed...a fatty growth.

When Jake had squamous cell carcinoma in November I was just crushed. They removed the growth and called 5 days later to tell me it was cancer after being pretty sure it was nothing. But, after removal of his upper left jaw bone (doesn't phase him a bit!!) he's doing fantastic. I was so devastated but it all worked out. So, even if it's not great news...it may not be horrible news.

What I'm trying to say is that whatever it is you will deal with it. I'm just hoping it was a fatty growth and that's the end of it. I know how hard waiting is...been there, done that. That's why I got so freaky when I felt Shelby's lump. But, it all worked out.

Thinking about you!!!
    Cathy

Post Thanks / Like

Man...just posted a long post and it got lost!!

I think it's interesting that they actually removed the growth. Maybe better safe than sorry? My vet did a needle aspirate and told me immediately that he didn't see anything unusual. He sent a sample to the lab and called the next day to confirm what he originally diagnosed...a fatty growth.

When Jake had squamous cell carcinoma in November I was just crushed. They removed the growth and called 5 days later to tell me it was cancer after being pretty sure it was nothing. But, after removal of his upper left jaw bone (doesn't phase him a bit!!) he's doing fantastic. I was so devastated but it all worked out. So, even if it's not great news...it may not be horrible news.

What I'm trying to say is that whatever it is you will deal with it. I'm just hoping it was a fatty growth and that's the end of it. I know how hard waiting is...been there, done that. That's why I got so freaky when I felt Shelby's lump. But, it all worked out.

Thinking about you!!!
    Cathy

Post Thanks / Like

There are a lot of things it could be. If they did an aspirate of it, they probably would have been able to diagnose a lipoma (fatty cyst) then. Maybe it was inconclusive? Maybe there was something there that concerned the vet? Maybe it was in a bad location and the vet was worried about it growing and causing other problems by being in the way?

Even if it's not a lipoma, there are a lot of things that are equally benign that it could be. And if it's something less benign, taking it off is the best thing to do! So either way, you're doing the right thing for her. I hope the lab results come back quickly and you can know what your'e dealing with or set your mind at ease.

Rory actually has a little lipoma! Usually older dogs get them, but he's onoly 19 mo and Shelby's not much older!

Will be thinking good thoughts for you and your baby!
    -rory's mom
    Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
    --Roger Caras