• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Very Upset

fuzzie bear

Have just found a lump on Ritizi (whos eight)- and its not a cyst. Shes going into the vets tomorrow to get it removed.

I'm so worried that its the start of it....

People have been telling me that once older dogs start getting anesthetic when they're older that they start weakining.

I've spent my whole weekend crying and being upset.... Shes too young to leave me yet....

Keep us posted with your appointment. I could just be a fatty cyst, which are common in older dogs. Good luck, we'll be thinking of you!

Think positive .. if you've had no problems before then this could just be a fatty cyst as Jen said... it's always worrying when we're imaging the worst but try not worry until there's a definite result ... you're not doing yourself or those around you any good .....

Let us know how it goes ... fingers crossed it's all ok .....

I found a lump on Shelby's neck Thursday night...about scared me to death. The vet did a needle aspirate and sent it out to the lab. Came back no cancer, only fatty cells. She's on antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory and all is well. The lump has gone down considerably. Have you had it checked? The vet felt she had a small lump of whatever that had gotten infected. But....definitely not cancer!!!! Don't worry...get information first. I'll be thinking about you and anxiously waiting to hear from you. But, think positive. I was scared to death and it turned out to be nothing.

Let us know as soon as you hear back! Lots of dogs get fatty cysts so don't worry til you know whether you need to worry or not. icon_crssedfingers

Hope things went well with the vet - I'm sure it will turn out to be less serious than you think - the amount of times I have worried needlessly about Sam and then everything works out fine...

Best of luck

Hilary & Sam

Shes out of surgery now and on her way home...

They're sending the lump off for tests to see what it is...

I'm just glad she made it through the anesthetic !

I'll find out more in a couple of days....

If it was fatty tissue, why didn't they do tests beforehand ?? I know he checked to see if it was a cyst by inserting a needle into it, but surely they could have done some other tests before removing it ?

Man...just posted a long post and it got lost!!

I think it's interesting that they actually removed the growth. Maybe better safe than sorry? My vet did a needle aspirate and told me immediately that he didn't see anything unusual. He sent a sample to the lab and called the next day to confirm what he originally diagnosed...a fatty growth.

When Jake had squamous cell carcinoma in November I was just crushed. They removed the growth and called 5 days later to tell me it was cancer after being pretty sure it was nothing. But, after removal of his upper left jaw bone (doesn't phase him a bit!!) he's doing fantastic. I was so devastated but it all worked out. So, even if it's not great news...it may not be horrible news.

What I'm trying to say is that whatever it is you will deal with it. I'm just hoping it was a fatty growth and that's the end of it. I know how hard waiting is...been there, done that. That's why I got so freaky when I felt Shelby's lump. But, it all worked out.

Thinking about you!!!

Man...just posted a long post and it got lost!!

I think it's interesting that they actually removed the growth. Maybe better safe than sorry? My vet did a needle aspirate and told me immediately that he didn't see anything unusual. He sent a sample to the lab and called the next day to confirm what he originally diagnosed...a fatty growth.

When Jake had squamous cell carcinoma in November I was just crushed. They removed the growth and called 5 days later to tell me it was cancer after being pretty sure it was nothing. But, after removal of his upper left jaw bone (doesn't phase him a bit!!) he's doing fantastic. I was so devastated but it all worked out. So, even if it's not great news...it may not be horrible news.

What I'm trying to say is that whatever it is you will deal with it. I'm just hoping it was a fatty growth and that's the end of it. I know how hard waiting is...been there, done that. That's why I got so freaky when I felt Shelby's lump. But, it all worked out.

Thinking about you!!!

There are a lot of things it could be. If they did an aspirate of it, they probably would have been able to diagnose a lipoma (fatty cyst) then. Maybe it was inconclusive? Maybe there was something there that concerned the vet? Maybe it was in a bad location and the vet was worried about it growing and causing other problems by being in the way?

Even if it's not a lipoma, there are a lot of things that are equally benign that it could be. And if it's something less benign, taking it off is the best thing to do! So either way, you're doing the right thing for her. I hope the lab results come back quickly and you can know what your'e dealing with or set your mind at ease.

Rory actually has a little lipoma! Usually older dogs get them, but he's onoly 19 mo and Shelby's not much older!

Will be thinking good thoughts for you and your baby!
-rory's mom

Its good news, its only a cyst !!

Thanks god for that !!

At least its gone now and I know what it is. No worrying till the next thing happens...

Fuzzie, I've only just read through this thread. I'm so sorry for all the worry you've had with Ritzi :cry: But really glad it was only a cyst :D

These little dogs bring us so much joy that it outweighs the heartache when they are ill. Maxx sends Ritzi licky kisses for a speedy recovery from the op XXXX

Wonderful!! I was wondering about her! :D So glad it's just a cyst! icon_banana

-rory's mom

Oh Hallelujah!!!! I've been out of town since Friday and the first thing I did this was a.m. was get online to check on you. I've thought about you so much the past few days. So glad everything is okay!!!!

Oh that is terrific - I've been there with Sam and it is such a worry - I'm delighted for you both ...

LOL

Hilary & Sam

Back