Thread: hello everyone from a northern ireland newbie

Post Thanks / Like

Default hello everyone from a northern ireland newbie

hi there my name is deborah and i am from northern ireland, i just joined this evening, this looks like a really friendly and imformative site. i dont yet own a cavalier but i hope to very soon, if anyone could recommend a good breeder to me i would be very grateful. at the minute i have 2 budgies and 4 cats and owning a cavalier would just be the icing on the cake...nice to meet you all

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!! This is a great site to learn all you can about this wonderful breed!

What's a budgie...I'm in the States so forgive me for not knowing!
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome, Deborah!! There are some notes about what to do to find a good breeder in the FAqs section and be sure to read the Puppy Fram sectionm just so that you know what you don't want, and how to find a good breeder. I posted some information recently in I think the general section, where another Irish person (down here in the Republic) asked a similar question.

What you should do is contact the breed club in Northern Ireland and ask them if they can refer you to whoever has litters at this time. Here's a link to the secretary of the club:

http://www.geocities.com/nickcsclub/contact.htm

You can also look around the rest of their site.

In general you do not want to get a dog from any small ads or the Buy&Sell.

Jen, a budgie is a parakeet!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for your replies, and in answer to your question a budgie is actually a small parrot . i have had a few online american friends ask me the same thing lol... and thanks karlin for the links, i will get reading ..

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Deborah

I've recently joined too and am in the same position as yourself, In search of a lovely Cavalier to complete the family. Let me know if u find someone who is a good breeder and has one left after u buy (I know its unlikely!!!!). I'm in Meath which is not too far from the boarder, I'm searching regularly so will let u know if I find any info or links of benifit to you.

Good Luck!!!!
    Norah icon_crssedfingers

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the budgie clarification!!
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like

lol....you are welcome jen ..and norah i found out last night about a guy who breeders them just about 7 miles away from where i live, and i will get out to see him very shortly, but i would prefer it if i already knew someone who had got a pup from him.
    i bet this time next year the only king charles dog i will have will be the big ornament sitting on my fireplace, but what the hell its easy to look after lol...i will be in touch with you if i can find out anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi cleopatra!

Speaking of ornaments of cavaliers .... we got our pup a drinking bowl in the shape + colour of a bleinheim and when he saw it .. he didn't drink out of it (as he does now!) ... instead he kept barking at it and sniffing to see who this "intruder" was .... of course, he sometimes at the beginning did the same to the oven when he saw his reflection in it !!!

Post Thanks / Like

awwwwwwww thats cute... I WANT MY CAVALIER PUP NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome Deborah I know how you feel about wanting a Cavalier. It took me 18mths to find my Maxxy. I'd desperately love another one or two or .....

Jen, this is a budgie

They are quite nice birds and can be taught to speak etc.....

Bit different to a parrot and aren't as big[/url]