• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

how long do they last?

edel

Can anyone tell me how long I can leave an opened can of dog food in fridge for? I keep throwing out cans after 3 days because i am afraid that they are gone off and that she will get sick.

Are you talking about the big cans that are like a soup can or the short cans like a cat food can?

I buy the Innova 5.5 oz short tins and keep them for 4 days in the fridge. I give Chester a big spoonful (about 1/4 of the small can) in with his dry and we finish the small can in 4 days normally.

If you like the larger cans of food I suggest you make single-serving portions and freeze them. That way you don't waste anything. An easy to do that is to put big dollops on a cookie sheet (just like you're making cookies) and stick the whole cookie sheet in the freezer and then when they're frozen you can put them in a ziploc bag. When you need a portion just take one out and defrost it in the microwave or leave it in the fridge overnight to thaw. I make single-serving portions of canned pumpkin using an ice cube tray and so I always have pumpkin on hand for those "soft" days.

Good luck!

Back