Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good news for Sam

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good news for Sam

We had Sam in being neutered today. The gave him a full health check and then came to check his heart. It's the same vet he's seen all his life. She was the one who originally graded his heart murmur when he was a puppy as grade 1. well, she had to take a few goes at it but, she couldnt find any trace of a murmer at all icon_banana

He's home now and feeling sorry for himself but he'll be better before we know it.

Post Thanks / Like

That's great news! icon_banana

Poor guy though, he doesn't look very happy
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like

He'll be fine Jen, i have some chicken in the fridge for him, that'll perk him up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Puppy murmurs usually are a kind of ghost murmur and go away; I'm so glad this was the case for Sam! I can;t remember the exact explanation for them but they do come up in cavalier puppies and rarely are around for very long, fortunately. Maybe someone else remembers more about them and can explain. Poor fellow -- he deserves the chicken! He'd probably be OK without the collar, if you want to try it -- very few males do much more than lick their sore bits a bit. Unless you know he's likely to really irritate that area, he's almost certainly be fine -- and a lot happier! sans collar.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

When my cat was fixed, he had the collar on and I came home to find him stuck to the wall. He was facing the wall, and probably was scared of the noise the collar made against the wall...so he sat there stuck to the wall. I was only gone for about a 1/2 hour, otherwise who knows how long he would have sat there! Poor guy!

Post Thanks / Like

The collar is coming off as soon as the kids go to bed, that way i'll be able to supervise him more closely and make sure he doesn't go mad. at the moment he's just wandering around hitting off everything, he does tend to lick the area in normal circumstances, if you know what i mean .

Bonnie doesn't know what to make of it. As soon as he came home, she was over smelling his "area" and was very careful of him. she's usually pulling out of his ears and jumping on him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jen
    When my cat was fixed, he had the collar on and I came home to find him stuck to the wall. He was facing the wall, and probably was scared of the noise the collar made against the wall...so he sat there stuck to the wall. I was only gone for about a 1/2 hour, otherwise who knows how long he would have sat there! Poor guy!
    That's so funny, good job you came home when you did, the poor thing.

actually, Sam did get his collar stuck in the tiny gaps in the wooden floor. hate to think what'd happen if he was left on his own.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh, Jen! You have some of the funniest cat stories...

he does tend to lick the area in normal circumstances, if you know what i mean .
    Yeah, those of us with boys especially know what you mean...

I think the collars sometimes cause more distress than the fact that the goolies are gone. Bonnie I'm sure smells the "vet smell". My dogs always are fine if one or the other has been in but my female cats get very hissy and upset if one of the cats comes back smelling like the vets!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

The stories are of our 6yr old cat, Jackson. We always joke that if he were our human child he'd have to wear a helmet...he's just nuts and the craziest things happen to him. He's yet to calm down since being fixed years ago. He's got two speeds--mid-air and standing still. I don't know how many times he's been shut under the reclining chair, but he still crawls under it when I'm sitting in it. I saw his two feet sticking out from under it yesterday, it looked like something out of Wizzard of Oz!!
    He's good with Abbey though, he lets her do whatever. Her favorite is to pin him against the wall, the stove, etc. and bark at him. I'm sure he loves it

Post Thanks / Like

Oh poor {{{{{{{{Sam}}}}}}}} he looks so sad bless him Maxx sends him lots of Licky kisses to get better and also reassurances that he'll be OK in a day or two - he says it's OK you can still jump on chairs and beds and things, but make your Mum does everything for you and cry lots so she feels mega guilty at putting you through such an injustice

Jen, Jackson sounds like the sort of cat my Maxx should meet. He's petrified of cats since almost losing one of his eyes to a nasty one that got in our garden a couple of years ago. Until then, he quite liked them :S