• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Good news for Sam

Lorraine

We had Sam in being neutered today. The gave him a full health check and then came to check his heart. It's the same vet he's seen all his life. She was the one who originally graded his heart murmur when he was a puppy as grade 1. well, she had to take a few goes at it but, she couldnt find any trace of a murmer at all icon_banana

He's home now and feeling sorry for himself but he'll be better before we know it.

DSC00445.jpg

That's great news! icon_banana

Poor guy though, he doesn't look very happy :(

Puppy murmurs usually are a kind of ghost murmur and go away; I'm so glad this was the case for Sam! I can;t remember the exact explanation for them but they do come up in cavalier puppies and rarely are around for very long, fortunately. Maybe someone else remembers more about them and can explain. Poor fellow -- he deserves the chicken! He'd probably be OK without the collar, if you want to try it -- very few males do much more than lick their sore bits a bit. Unless you know he's likely to really irritate that area, he's almost certainly be fine -- and a lot happier! sans collar. ;)

When my cat was fixed, he had the collar on and I came home to find him stuck to the wall. He was facing the wall, and probably was scared of the noise the collar made against the wall...so he sat there stuck to the wall. I was only gone for about a 1/2 hour, otherwise who knows how long he would have sat there! Poor guy! :lol:

The collar is coming off as soon as the kids go to bed, that way i'll be able to supervise him more closely and make sure he doesn't go mad. at the moment he's just wandering around hitting off everything, he does tend to lick the area in normal circumstances, if you know what i mean :shock: .

Bonnie doesn't know what to make of it. As soon as he came home, she was over smelling his "area" and was very careful of him. she's usually pulling out of his ears and jumping on him.

Jen said:
When my cat was fixed, he had the collar on and I came home to find him stuck to the wall. He was facing the wall, and probably was scared of the noise the collar made against the wall...so he sat there stuck to the wall. I was only gone for about a 1/2 hour, otherwise who knows how long he would have sat there! Poor guy! :lol:

:lol: That's so funny, good job you came home when you did, the poor thing.

actually, Sam did get his collar stuck in the tiny gaps in the wooden floor. hate to think what'd happen if he was left on his own.

Oh, Jen! You have some of the funniest cat stories... :lol:

he does tend to lick the area in normal circumstances, if you know what i mean .

:lol: Yeah, those of us with boys especially know what you mean... :roll:

I think the collars sometimes cause more distress than the fact that the goolies are gone. Bonnie I'm sure smells the "vet smell". My dogs always are fine if one or the other has been in but my female cats get very hissy and upset if one of the cats comes back smelling like the vets!

The stories are of our 6yr old cat, Jackson. We always joke that if he were our human child he'd have to wear a helmet...he's just nuts and the craziest things happen to him. He's yet to calm down since being fixed years ago. He's got two speeds--mid-air and standing still. I don't know how many times he's been shut under the reclining chair, but he still crawls under it when I'm sitting in it. I saw his two feet sticking out from under it yesterday, it looked like something out of Wizzard of Oz!! :lol:
He's good with Abbey though, he lets her do whatever. Her favorite is to pin him against the wall, the stove, etc. and bark at him. I'm sure he loves it :roll:

Oh poor {{{{{{{{Sam}}}}}}}} he looks so sad bless him :( Maxx sends him lots of Licky kisses to get better and also reassurances that he'll be OK in a day or two - he says it's OK you can still jump on chairs and beds and things, but make your Mum does everything for you and cry lots so she feels mega guilty at putting you through such an injustice ;)

Jen, Jackson sounds like the sort of cat my Maxx should meet. He's petrified of cats since almost losing one of his eyes to a nasty one that got in our garden a couple of years ago. Until then, he quite liked them :S

Thanks Maxx's Mummy, Sam's much happier now, i've taken his collar off, he's had his dinner and he, Bonnie and Bo, our kitten, are sitting on the couch watching supernanny! :) He's already been jumping on and off the bed!

Uh oh, your house is beginning to sound like mine; the slippery slope! You just need to gradually acquire three more cats... 8)

Donna, poor Maxx; how terrible that he had that experience with a cat! icon_cat

Nearly there Karlin, we already have another adult female cat called Roly, she's not as sociable as the others though. we are also "in talks" with Jan at the moment re. another little guy. ;)

Hi we had our Sam neutered a couple of weeks and he bounced back so well I was amazed at his recovery - he did sort of snub us for the first hour and then all was well again ...

Here's to our little guys being well happy over the winter....

Hilary & Sam

I spoke to Maxx's breeder last night and she was telling me that his Dad who is 11 is going in for 'the op' today :| She is getting a few of her males done together.

Her Mum used to look after her bitches when the were in season but she passed away a couple of weeks ago and so now they have to stay at home. She also aquired her Mum's Cavaliers too so has a really full house at the minute!

I did offer to take a few off her hands for her...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eleven! :shock: I thought Sam was old enough getting it done at almost two! it must've been very hard to keep them all apart.

I know Lorraine, he is a perfectly healthy little man too - not even a slight heart murmur or anything :shock:

She now has about 18 Cavaliers - just as well she's home all day and has a HUGE house and garden LOL

They are all really well loved and looked after too. Her whole day is spent looking after the babies. Grooming, walking, training etc and every evening her and her hubby curl up with them all on their sofa's LOL

I don't think I will EVER meet anyone like her again, she is so devoted to them all it is wonderful and when she has pups from one of her bitches it is so lovely and they are all so wanted and loved. That is why I was so upset when she lost her last litter :cry:

I know for a fact that if I said to her tomorrow that I no longer wanted Maxx (I never would of course) or that I could no longer look after him, that she would have him back in a heartbeat - a truly wonderful lady :D

Maxx's Mummy .. it's an amazing thing to have someone so special in your life .... you're very lucky..... and of course those 18 cavs, and her husband !!

Back