• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Would anyone be interested?

Bruce H

Hi All,
One of our girls (Anna) just came into season yesterday and we intend to breed her with our boy Cooper. It occurred to me a couple weeks back that some of you may not know what all is involved in the whole process of breeding, from coming into season to the day the puppies go to their forever home.

I am thinking about starting a thread describing as best I can the whole process, beginning to end, good or bad outcomes (I pray no bad). Sometimes I might be posting every other day, such as when puppies are ready to be born, and other times not very much, such as during the pregnancy. I will also see if I can figure out how to post pictures (I'm told it's easy, but then I started in my career with a sliderule!). The reason I'm thinking about doing this is because I absolutely love breeding and thought it would be fun to share the process with other Cavalier lovers.

Let me know if this is something that would be of interest to you. If the response to this is good, I'll get started in the next 2 or 3 days.

Bruce
MysticKnight Cavaliers

BTW, if I get this thread going, I will welcome any suggestions, pointers, criticisms, etc. from other breeders on this list. My wife Kris and I certainly don't know it all; we're always open to learning something.

I would love seeing and read all about this. It's not something I would ever do but I'm always curious to learn.

Thank you :)

Oh yes please Bruce :) I do know a bit about breeding as my Mum used to keep poodles when I was a kid and we very often had litters around the place :~) I also spent much of my childhood on a farm and so got to see at first hand how baby animals are made and born - a wonderful education, I'd recommend it to anyone with kids ;)

I'm still really interested though and it'd also mean that you and Kris have someone else to share the ups and downs highs and lows with too :)

Apart from anything, I think most of us on here love seeing puppy pics - even when they look like hamsters when they are newborn pups :lol:

Breeding must be very addictive. If my dear hubby would let me, I'd have a complete houseful of Cavaliers. He thought it'd put me off having more than one when I looked after my friends two for the week and also babysat my other friend's one year old girl the other week.

I however, was totally in my element having the four of them around me and following me like the Pied Piper with the rats LOL

Great Idea! I would love to follow along this adventure!
I have been thinking about finding a breeder in my area that I could learn from so that someday ( when my human babies are grown) I could start breeding.

Thats a great idea i wopuld be very interested to know about it . I wanted to become a breeder but as my husband says i wouldnt be any good coz i would never sell them and we have a house full. great idea .

"I wanted to become a breeder but as my husband says i wouldnt be any good coz i would never sell them and we have a house full" - sounds fine to me :lol:

This a great idea Bruce, we'd love to go through the whole breeding process with you - hopefully it can be a two way thing and we can help and support you where we can.

I think it would be an excellent way of showing people exactly what is involved in breeding a litter, and how hard work it is - some people seem to think it's a very easy way to make money :(

Fingers and paws crossed for Anna - and for you too

Note that I have made a separate forum where all can enjoy this journal; you will see it down at the bottom of the main section of the site. I've made Bruce a moderator so that he can keep his own journal thread locked -- that is to make it a continuous story he posts into -- but keeps other comments out. However I know people will want to post questions and comments so they can do that right into the forum itself and thus the journal and the viewer comments will all remain together.

The link to the forum is here:
http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=34

Bruce has made his first post there, so feel free to go have a look and add in any comments you'd like. :)

I am keeping his journal "stickied" to the top of the forum, which makes it easy to find.

Back