Thread: Ouch :~(

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ouch :~(

this isn't about Maxx, it's about me :cry:

I've got a boil in my ear and it's throbbing like hell itself :cry:

I can just about manage to reach it to put antibiotic cream on it but that's not doing hardly anything and my whole face is throbbing - any suggestions apart from pain killers?????

Post Thanks / Like

ooh, sounds awful, no advice re. painkillers but it'll probably hurt like hell if you sleep in it tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

I've just done a hot water bottle and I'm going to put it by my ear in the hope it might soothe it. I know it sounds gross but I'm really hoping it bursts soon icon_yikes

Post Thanks / Like

I would say warm moist packs would be best to help it run its course. Wet a cloth with water as hot as you can tolerate and hold to site. Remove in about 10 minutes to make sure you haven't hurt your skin if it was too hot. Repeat as often as necessary. And Ibuprofen if you can take it would be best as it is an antiinflammatory. Take it with food to save your tummy.
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mary, I have been in and out the bathroom with a blob of cotton wool all night. It has oozed a lot and has gone down quite a bit I am just going to carry on with the anti-biotic cream for now and hope it just disappears

I can't take ibuprofen but have some other anti-inflammatories that I have been taking. If the boil had been anywhere else I would have put a magnesium sulphate poultice on it to draw it out but I couldn't do that because of where it was

Very sound advice though

Post Thanks / Like

I concur with Mary about the warm soaks...but I would add Epsom Salts to the water. Epsom Salts help draw the infection to the surface AND help heal it all up once it's opened up.

Good luck! Be glad the boil is on your ear and not on your derriere like mine was. It literally was a pain the ass, but luckly at the time I had a bidet and could fill it up with warm water and salts and just sit there several times a day!
    "My little dog: A heartbeat at my feet."
    ~Edith Wharton

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh poor you - big ((((hugs))))

Have you got any Hepar Sulph to finish it?

I usually take Silicea for boils - and anal gland abscesses for the doglets...

Hope you will soon be better - hot compresses made from the herb sage are helpful too, depending on where the abscess is placed - Boil two handfuls of Sage in water and allow to cool, spray on glands using an old plant spray - or I reheat it and use it as a compress.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org