Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our first show!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congratulations - sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, and I'm really glad you enjoyed it despite not being placed the 1st two days.

Well done on the 2nd place though, that's great.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations to you. Sounds like Darby is off to a great start. And you're right, showing is a great place for socializing, for both Darby and you. I actually enjoy the socialization after ring time as much as anything. When you get to showing a lot, you'll find that you will start seeing the same people all the time and you'll start getting together for lunch or dinner after the show.

Don't worry about the bite too much. Even if it doesn't change you can still win with a bad bite. My boy Cooper has 3 majors and 12 points and has a terrible bite. All you have to do is find the judges that consider other parts of the breed standard more important than bite. I would also write down the judges name that placed Darby second and show Darby to her again if she gets back in your area. Same thing with any other judge that places Darby.

Good luck on future shows.
    Bruce
    MysticKnight Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like

congratulations icon_banana

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much everybody for the warm congratulatory remarks!

Bruce, you have given me hope! It is good to know that a beautiful dog like Cooper can do well even with a poor bite. And yes, I certainly did write the judge's name down! I sure hope we can find her at future shows!! We will definitely keep showing, however, regardless of her bite!

And yes, you're right... I love the post-show socialization! Darby fell in love with another blenheim cavy, Harry, and all they did all weekend was tussle and wrestle with each other! It was so cute watching them - they had a blast!! As of today, I've been to 5 days of shows at various venues, and you do see the same wonderful people at each show. It is so nice having a little cheering section as everybody's dog has their turn in the ring. And, I have never met more generous, warm and loving people as some of the cavy owners I've met at these shows! (Albeit there's always a few wierdos at dog shows, too! ).

THANK SO MUCH FOR YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT, EVERYBODY!!

Post Thanks / Like

That is awesome about the 2nd place out of so many dogs!! Don't worry about the teeth -- she's still a puppy! They can change.

The people at the shows are the best. They really make the whole experience wonderful. (Although, some people try to make it terrible. ) that is what I miss the most since I can't show Rory. But now I have you and Darby to cheer for!
    Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
    --Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy well done {{{{{{{{Darby}}}}}}}} don't worry too much about her jaw, as you said, she's still only a baby :~)