• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

new puppy feeding

cleopatra

what on earth do i feed my pup when i get her home and when do they start onto solid food? . and is it better to feed a dry food diet or a meat one or both??????from a confused irish woman who has spent her whole life feeding cats , and is clueless about dogs :lol:

A good breeder will always give you a food list and usually enough food to tide you over for a couple of days.

Maxx didn't just come to us on his own - he brought a piece of bed that smelled of his Mum and brothers and sisters, a list of do's don't's and timetables etc and a bag of food to last 5 days oh yes.... and a little Teddy Bear that he had taken a fancy to as well :lol:

A good breeder will always give you a food list and usually enough food to tide you over for a couple of days.

Maxx didn't just come to us on his own - he brought a piece of bed that smelled of his Mum and brothers and sisters, a list of do's don't's and timetables etc and a bag of food to last 5 days oh yes.... and a little Teddy Bear that he had taken a fancy to as well :lol:

Hey there cleopatra / Donna,

Funny ours came with a list of what to give him and what not to ... he didn't come with a teddy bear but we gave him one and he became toooo attached to it, if you know what I mean !!! icon_whistling

So that's been binned and another one is with him now ....

He does have a tendancy to wander in other peoples houses and see what "teddys" can be found there ..... eg ...had to take a "goofy" off him when we picked it up from a friend's spare bedroom while he was on his way to the other spare room to be "alone" with it .... and while in another friend's house for dinner last week, he was given as a pressie, her 5 month old's mickey mouse !!!!

He gets away with so much !!!

Haha that sounds about right. Cavaliers have this tendecy to steal cuddly toys from people, about half of Maxx's babies have been 'aquired' in this way - it's embarrassing :oops:

Back