Thread: Drooling

Post Thanks / Like

Default Drooling

My friend got two cocker spaniel puppys recently, two sisters, so cute! I brought lady for a visit last night and they were rather a bit too much for her. She insisted that she sit on my lap the entire time while the puppys tried to jump up and bite her tail

Anyway when she was down she started drooling profusely, it was all on her ears and running onto the floor. This never happened to her before. Does anyone know why this happened. Thought it was rather odd.
    Edel
    I love you Lady

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Anxiety -- dogs often do this when they are worried and anxious. That's why she also wanted to be in your lap. It's really good to have Lady meet new dogs like this so she doesn;t end up being afraid so don;t worry to much that she was drooling. Next time, try encouraging her to mix a little -- ignore her if she is whiny and attention seeking or she will learn this is how to get you to respond, but sitting in your lap is fine. You could try introducing a couple of toys or have them all sit for treats -- little things that getb her to feel it is fun and safe to be part of a group.

Having the puppies over sounds fun for you though and I'm sure will seem fun for Lady too before too long!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Should add that because you were at their home and not at yours, this probably made her anxious too as she was in an unfamiliar place. Why not invite the puppies to your place next time and see how she does? I bet she will be more confident!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Karlin's right (as usual ) It was just a case of nerves LOL

Ask the puppies to your house, as Karlin says and I bet you'll notice a difference in her behaviour