Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Wicklow, Ireland

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi from Wicklow, Ireland

We have a 3 year old bleinheim male Cavalier called Sam.
    He is very friendly and playful and loves lots of attention.
    We are thinking of purchasing a playmate for him and we would like to know if anybody has done this and how did they get on together.
    Just found this site by chance and find it excellent.
    Love all the photos of all the other Cavaliers and would like to know how to add our own photo below our username. icon_drivingcar

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

to you and Sam.

Looking forward to seeing some photos...do you have a photo hosting site such a www.photobucket.com ?

You can then copy and paste the IMG code from underneath the photos and this will bring up the photo.

If you go into your profile - accessed from the top of any page, and scroll down to Avatar control panel, this tells you the size etc

Hope this helps!

We have three Cavaliers now, and haven't ever had a problem introducing new ones, although a lot depends on temperament. Most Cavaliers do love the company of other animals, particularly other Cavaliers. Do you ever have other dogs to visit or stay? That would give you an indication of how Sam is with other dogs.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome fellow wicklower !!

My 2 older cavaliers are 8 years old and I couldn't bring them to live with me cos they didn't want to stay in my house !!

Anyway, I got 2 cavaliers about 3/4 months ago (6 months old and 1.5 years). When I introduced them to the other dogs the older dogs just weren't interested and growled and ran away.

Well, its like a completely different house now when I bring my younger dogs to my parents. They all lick each other, play with each other and don't act at all strange. The even stranger thing is - Ritzi who is 8 has given up her lazy ways and has become so alive since the puppies came on the scene. She joins in the barking and playing and its like she's young again!!

I really think though, cavaliers really like company of other dogs, so I think its a great idea to get a fellow playmate. Even if Sam doesn't take to the dog at first, he'll get used to it after a while...
    www.pet-bliss.com for pet products
    www.poshpaws.ie Designer Pet Products
    www.gift-ireland.com voluntary group raising money for rescues

Post Thanks / Like

We also have a male blenheim called Sam who'll be 2 next month. We now have Bonnie, just turned 6 months and they get on like a house on fire. they really bouce off each other, literally

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Glad you found the site. I added Leo my second dog (Jaspar's half-brother) when Leo was about 10 months old. They are 5 weeks apart in age. Best thing I did -- they have so much fun together! It can take a little while for the resident dog to adjust to having a friend though -- then they usually never look back. They have a form of companionship together that they never have with humans and I think mentally, a dog companion makes a much richer life for a dog.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

It is always wonderful to see new members!!
    Janet V.
    Heritage Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the site, enjoy your time here. icon_thumbsup icon_thumbsup

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! Love the name Sam, cute!
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like

hi and

Post Thanks / Like

Sam,

Cavaliers must be one of the most amenable breeds on the planet! I have had five males together and not a squabble, there are not too many other breeds that you can say that about. I also think they love the company of their own kind and will enjoy playing together and cuddling up together.
    What could be better than the love of a Cavalier except double Cavalier love?
    Looking forward to seeing your photos.
    Warm wishes,
    Ruth