Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: direct line pet insurance

Post Thanks / Like

Default direct line pet insurance

i have been surfing the net on pet insurance, and i came across direct line which seems to offer good proctection and is pretty good value,i looked at the advanced cover option and it covers for a lifetime of a condition up to テつ」6,000 i think it said..does anyone have this insurance or could anyone advise me on this..i would be grateful..and i have finally decided what i will be calling my little cav baby, she will be called jasmine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't know much about Direct Line - friends had a quote from them and it was expensive

I love the name Jasmine though - I know a beautiful Blenheim called Jasmine, she's about 13 now and a very dignified lady
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Personally Cleopatra, I wouldn't touch Direct line with a barge pole. I had pet insurance for my cats (both now at Rainbow Bridge) and when it came to paying out they tried every excuse in the book.

I also had car insurance with them and one night all my locks got drilled open - they paid for the locks to be re-fitted but wouldn't pay for the bodywork to be repaired. The thing was, the idiots who did the damage had drilled around the locks to try and get them out...

Another bad experience with them is that I have nerve damage in my back from a car accident caused by the other driver. They kept losing all the paperwork that my solicitor sent them.

In other words, they are nothing short of a nightmare. their policies seem good but you just try and make a claim! I have had three experiences with them and all three have been dealt with appallingly and very stressfully. That is the last thing you need when you need to make a claim

Post Thanks / Like

Also meant to say, Jasmie is a lovely name. one of my favourite flowers too. i have three in my garden as they are so pretty

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If you have Allianz I know many people very happy with them down here in the Republic. Also when you are looking for policies check whether they cover genetic/inherited conditions as most of the serious cavalier problems are genetic (eg MVD, SM). Be sure to read all the small print regarding what you have to pay on each treatment before claiming and what the exclusions are.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all your replies, and i think i will be staying well clear of direct line, god they seem like a right load of tossers,
    our local vet has leaflets about petplan insurance so i will surf the net and try and find out something about this one, pet insurance can be so confusing, but i guess its important to look at quite a few before deciding, and i am glad you like the name jasmine, i think its a really pretty girly name, at first i wanted to call her bambi, but my husband says that theres no way in hell that he,s gonna be heard calling THAT name to a dog

Post Thanks / Like

As usual, very sound advice from Karlin

One other thing to be aware of when looking for a policy is that some policies will pay 100% of continuation costs for treatment but some others will still make you pay the first テつ」50 or 20% or whatever.

Maxx's policy has so far paid out all the costs of treatment for SM after the first テつ」50 but my friend has had to pay an excess on every claim.

I think PetPlan is a good company and has a good reputation but they are expensive. Might be worth it in the long run - you do tend to get what you pay for

Post Thanks / Like

Do you know a general cost for what your friend has to pay? She may be on a plan that's like the 70% option (with the lower monthly premium) I was considering.

Post Thanks / Like

hi cleopatra

I insure all my dogs with more than. they are very good when lady got pyometra she had to have a hysterectmy then she got blood poisoning it was very touch and go for 4 or 5 days more than paid out straight away it was テつ」700 we only had to pay the access. they were a great help and it was one less thing to worry about.

sarah xx

Post Thanks / Like

when i get home from work i will look up more than online and have a good read,is good to heAR from people that can give you advice because they have experience of a certain plan,it can make all the difference