• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I'm babysitting...

Maxxs_Mummy

For this little angel :D her name is Poppy and she belongs to my friend

Poppy3.jpg

Don't be taken in by the sweet face, she is a demon dog :lol: We went for a walk and she had to stop and drink from every puddle, she still dances around on a lead like a tiny puppy and she tries to jump into your lap when you are eating your dinner.

Considering she is about 18mths old she is a nightmare at even the most basic commands - I'm going to have words with her Mummy when she gets home tomorrow ;)

Maxx is most disgusted as she won't leave him alone. She sits on top of him and cries for his attention - he immediately gets up and gives me that 'Will you for goodness sakes send her home' look :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah so was I until she made herself at home :lol:

She's very affectionate but oh so very naughty as well :shock: I said to hubby "Can you remember Maxx being like this?" He replied "Maxx has never, ever been like that. Not even as a tiny puppy"

I mean, Maxx was a normal boisterous pup etc but by the time he was her age he was quite obedient :D

He has always sat as good as gold for a grooming session every day too. I mean, he gets up halfway through, wanders round the room and then comes back again. But I think he gets stiff as he has a bit of arthritis, so he is excused :lol:

Apparently Poppy doesn't like to be groomed and so has a tummy and chest full of knots :( I'm going to try and tackle them in a minute and send her home looking all pretty :D

Actually, having her here has made him even more adamant and also made me realise that maybe we shouldn't :cry:

Poor old Maxx is not at all impressed at her being here and as she won't leave him alone, he is like a tortured little soul bless him :cry:

He coped admirably when Alison's Honey and Annie came to stay, even letting Annie sleep with her head on him & cuddling up to Honey for a licky kiss or six, he quite likes the pair of them and he adores Rosie Posie Alison's Sheltie. But Poppy however, is a different matter altogether.

She sleeps in the kitchen at home so that's where she's going to spend the night here. Even if just to give him some peace and quiet :lol:

Heee hee he :lol: :lol: she sounds like fun!! what a little spitfire!!

Sounds just like my old Slapper, a gal right up my street ........ I love her!!
Ruth

Oh you're having us on Donna, she's much too pretty to be such a monster :lol: :lol:

Shame though, I think every dog does need some basic obedience, for their own safety and for every day life, and visits to the vet etc.

'Fraid not Nicki :? We had a lovely grooming session where she wriggled a bit but after realising that I was in charge and I wasn't going to hurt her, she was fine. I had a rather large pile of knotty bits that I'd managed to remove from her though. She must be more comfy now - she can move her arms and legs freely without them rubbing against the knots :roll:

We didn't get any peace when she went to bed - she was desperate to be with Maxx and cried terribly until he took himself off to bed upstairs. :lol:

She really is a beautiful little girl, it's just a shame that she has no idea of basic training - she is 2 next month - it doesn't seem that long since they got her. I think the problem is that they have almost always had adult dogs from breeders which are of course, already trained.

Poppy soon got the hang of things whilst she was here though and learned really quickly. It's obviously what she needs. I tried to wear some of her energy off with a tennis ball in the garden. She'd run after it and then stand there and bark at me to come and retrieve it :roll: Kind of defeats the object really :lol:

Back