• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

microchipping

They really don't need it Cleopatra. It is just like giving them an injection. Maxx didn't even flinch and even kissed the Vet afterwards :lol:

When we take litters in for their check-up and microchip before they go to their new homes, we have the vet give a topical anesthetic. Cost is about $8 extra.

We started doing this after our very first dog gave out a blood curdling scream when she got her chip. After that, every puppy gets a topical; don't ever want to hear a scream like that again.

Bruce
MysticKnight Cavaliers

only reason i ask is that i have a friend who is a serial puppy buyer, and never has them for long (all cavaliers i might add) and about a month ago she got a B&T puppy, but last night she told me that her pup had died as the result of being given the anesthetic to ease the pain!!!!!!

i just can't believe that a vet would do this for such a minor thing (yes i know it hurts them, Harry screamed too).... just wondered if i was being told a lie as she knows what i think about her buying pups all the time then selling them on at a profit!

Hard telling what her vet may have given her dog, but if it was a topical like we use, it's hard to imagine that hurting a dog in any way.

Bruce
MysticKnight Cavaliers

I'm very surprised that word hasn't gotten around about her. Breeders do talk to each other about whom they've sold their pups to...

Most responsible breeders, if they knew about her wouldn't sell a pup to her for love nor money.

Personally, I'd prefer puppies when they are just that little bit older anyway. You don't get your fingers chewed incessantly, or puddles on the floor every time you turn your back :lol:

Maxx was almost 15 weeks old when we got him and it was a lovely age - he was still really playful but at least we knew that the breeder really cared about him and didn't want to re-home him too early :D

My God, I can't believe that your friend constantly buys the puppies ... how can they endure separating from them once they've even spend a few days with them ????

Some people surprise me.. and I thought that wasn't possible anymore!!

Maybe you should "advise" them that if they continue to do what they are doing, you will post their name on websites and notify breeders .. the scare tactic might work??

Back