Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello, im new

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello, im new

Hello everyone, my name is Fidelma and i was given this link from some kids person on boards.ie.

I have a cavalier bitch who is about to whelp this weekend, and i have a very sickely cavalier Dog who bless him is a chirpy little pup.

I also have with me at the moment 2 cavalier Pups, from my bitches last litter, which were given back to me some weeks ag to re sell as the owners are emmigrating and will not take the dlgs with them, this i have found to be upsetting both to me and my family of dogs, as teh 2 pups, now 1 year old are fighting with my little dog to be top dog and spraying everywhere.

I have them regestered with babs to be sold but no one seems to want pups of a year old, only small baby pups.

here is a link to my pups being born last year hope you like it, please dont visit the page if you are squeemish as its a bit graphical!!!

anyway im glad to be here and looking forward to getting to know you all... if you know anyone who might be interested in the 1 year old pups please do let me know, im desperate to find them a good home.

PS. i forgot to say that the 2 boys im trying to sell are both IKC registered, and vaccinated in full and are microchipped. I have the mother welcome to see her. they were fathered by a sho dag of whom i can give you details and papers.
    thanks

Fidelma
    thanks

Fidelma
    ------------------------------------
    The average dog is often a nicer person than the average person. Andrew A. Rooney

Post Thanks / Like

hi fi welcome to this site, i just looked at your website and i found it very interesting to see the process from birth onwards, i had never seen that before, so thanks for sharing it, and i hope that your little pups get a home very soon .

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, it was a fantastic experience, one which come this day next week i will have done again!

its quite hard to take pics and monitor all is ok but i wanted the memories. i had some terrific help at the end of the phone, both with the shire' owner and my vet, back up is a must, if you look further into the site you will see pictures of the pups as they grow.

I really need to find homes for the 2 lads, due to me needing my time for my Cloe and her new babies.

[/img]
    thanks

Fidelma
    The average dog is often a nicer person than the average person. Andrew A. Rooney

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Fi

Your link is missing though!

Post Thanks / Like

having trouble uploading a pic, will do it at home!
    thanks

Fidelma

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Fidelma and welcome!

I'm delighted you have found the site and hope you enjoy the group and find the information section valuable! It's a great group.

As someone who is breeding be sure to read the information on syringomyelia in the health FAQ section (and also my site here, http://sm.cavaliertalk.com) if you're not aware of this; I've found there's a very low awareness of this very serious and common condition in cavaliers among Irish vets and the breed club and am trying to spread information so breeders can make the best decisions on their breedings for both heart health and SM. I'll have a DVD available shortly on the subject as well, of a recorded talk by the leading UK researcher in the area, which she gave to the CKCS clubs in the US and Canada last June.

Just a small note too that I do not allow dogs or puppies to be sold or announced for sale through the site. Breed rescue posts are always welcome however. Regarding the older pups you have, I do cavalier rescue and could place these dogs if you decide you wish to hand them over to rescue. I would have waiting homes for dogs at the moment.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

oh thank you for the information and yes i had read teh bit aboutn SM, very interesting. infact printed it and bringing it to my vet tonight.

sorry if i made a boo boo about mentioning the pups i wanted to re home. i cannot hand them over as rescue dogs as the people who had them want to try to get some of thier money back that they have paid for them, sorry.

glad i found the site.
    thanks

Fidelma

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

And we're glad you are here! Just keep me in mind if you or the people do end up needing help. Personally I prefer older dogs rather than puppies; while pups are cute they are a LOT of work!

Also feel free to let anyone else you know who is breeding (or anyone trying to rehome a cavalier) that I can help out on rescue -- this includes older dogs, ex-breeding dogs etc. Ideally people will neuter before handing them over to rescue but I will always consider *any* cavalier including special needs dogs.

Fi's link is in her profile on the memberlist; but to save people the effort of looking here's the link: http://www.fidelmas-world.net/Albums/litter1/index.htm
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

i will do, do you have any links with the Cavalier club?

im really worried about my wee dog as he is so unwell of to vet tonight with him, he has had ont thing wrong after another and his vets bill would have been over 2,500 at this stage im blessed i had him insured, he is a lemon dog wise!!!! but the cutest most loveable dog you will not see.

hope all goes well for him tonight. i know i cannt breed from him but will not put him through castration on top of all else he has gone through.
    thanks

Fidelma