• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello, im new

Fi

Hello everyone, my name is Fidelma and i was given this link from some kids person on boards.ie.

I have a cavalier bitch who is about to whelp this weekend, and i have a very sickely cavalier Dog who bless him is a chirpy little pup.

I also have with me at the moment 2 cavalier Pups, from my bitches last litter, which were given back to me some weeks ag to re sell as the owners are emmigrating and will not take the dlgs with them, this i have found to be upsetting both to me and my family of dogs, as teh 2 pups, now 1 year old are fighting with my little dog to be top dog and spraying everywhere.

I have them regestered with babs to be sold but no one seems to want pups of a year old, only small baby pups.

here is a link to my pups being born last year hope you like it, please dont visit the page if you are squeemish as its a bit graphical!!!

anyway im glad to be here and looking forward to getting to know you all... if you know anyone who might be interested in the 1 year old pups please do let me know, im desperate to find them a good home.

PS. i forgot to say that the 2 boys im trying to sell are both IKC registered, and vaccinated in full and are microchipped. I have the mother welcome to see her. they were fathered by a sho dag of whom i can give you details and papers.
thanks

Fidelma

hi fi welcome to this site, i just looked at your website and i found it very interesting to see the process from birth onwards, i had never seen that before, so thanks for sharing it, and i hope that your little pups get a home very soon . :)

Thank you, it was a fantastic experience, one which come this day next week i will have done again!

its quite hard to take pics and monitor all is ok but i wanted the memories. i had some terrific help at the end of the phone, both with the shire' owner and my vet, back up is a must, if you look further into the site you will see pictures of the pups as they grow.

I really need to find homes for the 2 lads, due to me needing my time for my Cloe and her new babies.

[/img]

Hi Fidelma and welcome!

I'm delighted you have found the site and hope you enjoy the group and find the information section valuable! It's a great group.

As someone who is breeding be sure to read the information on syringomyelia in the health FAQ section (and also my site here, http://sm.cavaliertalk.com) if you're not aware of this; I've found there's a very low awareness of this very serious and common condition in cavaliers among Irish vets and the breed club and am trying to spread information so breeders can make the best decisions on their breedings for both heart health and SM. I'll have a DVD available shortly on the subject as well, of a recorded talk by the leading UK researcher in the area, which she gave to the CKCS clubs in the US and Canada last June.

Just a small note too that I do not allow dogs or puppies to be sold or announced for sale through the site. Breed rescue posts are always welcome however. :) Regarding the older pups you have, I do cavalier rescue and could place these dogs if you decide you wish to hand them over to rescue. I would have waiting homes for dogs at the moment.

oh thank you for the information and yes i had read teh bit aboutn SM, very interesting. infact printed it and bringing it to my vet tonight.

sorry if i made a boo boo about mentioning the pups i wanted to re home. i cannot hand them over as rescue dogs as the people who had them want to try to get some of thier money back that they have paid for them, sorry.

glad i found the site.

And we're glad you are here! Just keep me in mind if you or the people do end up needing help. Personally I prefer older dogs rather than puppies; while pups are cute they are a LOT of work!

Also feel free to let anyone else you know who is breeding (or anyone trying to rehome a cavalier) that I can help out on rescue -- this includes older dogs, ex-breeding dogs etc. Ideally people will neuter before handing them over to rescue but I will always consider *any* cavalier including special needs dogs. :)

Fi's link is in her profile on the memberlist; but to save people the effort of looking :lol: here's the link: http://www.fidelmas-world.net/Albums/litter1/index.htm

i will do, do you have any links with the Cavalier club?

im really worried about my wee dog as he is so unwell of to vet tonight with him, he has had ont thing wrong after another and his vets bill would have been over 2,500 at this stage im blessed i had him insured, he is a lemon dog wise!!!! but the cutest most loveable dog you will not see.

hope all goes well for him tonight. i know i cannt breed from him but will not put him through castration on top of all else he has gone through.

Oh good luck to him, and let us know how it goes back over in the general or health sections so we can leave this thread for welcomes to you. icon_crssedfingers icon_crssedfingers

I've spoken to the breed club a few times and Evelyn actually is a friend of a friend's mother and therefore was the one who initially put me in touch with breeders when I got my two fellows. I should go back and let her know I can help rehome; they usually have no problem homing rescues that come through to them (well usually they aren;t recues per se but dogs that people want to rehome).

ah well eveylin Prize Dog, Robbie is actually the father of these pups, i know her well! :D

:lol: She was very helpful to me.

Are your two boys blenheims; I'll keep them in mind if I am talking to people. You can PM me any details.

Interesting photos! That was soo thoughtful of her to whelp on your lovely sofa! :lol:

Welcome to the board!!

rory said:
Interesting photos! That was soo thoughtful of her to whelp on your lovely sofa! :lol:

Welcome to the board!!

lol Evil wee grin there!!! yes it took me a while to get into the swing of it and get her to where she was supposed to start!

Great photos Fi! The Mommy is lovely and looks great and the pups are sooo tiny and sweet. Please post some more pics as the pups grow up!

Welcome!

im really trying to copy one of the pic to have as my avatar, but its not working for me, i wish i could take one from my pc not a web site :(

Back