• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I saw the biggest Cavalier ever!

TKC

We were at a course in the UK and I saw a dog with Cavalier colouring from behind. When it turned around I realised it was a Cavalier King Charles!!!!!!

It was bigger than a cocker spaniel. I was amazed!

Some can get really big! The largest I've heard of was a 38-pounder on one of the email lists; this was definitely a cavalier and not overweight. A lot go up into the mid to high-20s -- we have a few that size with board members here. The really big ones, you do wonder if there isn't something larger in there somewhere sometimes, in a dog that has retained cavalier colouring and build.

Were you just over in the UK? Was it a dog course?

Yes we spent the weekend at a seminar run by

www.learningaboutdogs.com

Learnt about aggression and other interesting stuff.

I think this Cavalier was easily in the upper 20's weight wise icon_yikes

I wonder why they don't just create a mid-size official breed... lots of people like the larger size and they are quite handsome! remember Louie, he was quite big but very nice looking dog.

Back