• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

quiz: what to feed your dog

I only got 5 out of 10 :? thats disappointing, though some of the questions were hard.

wat did everyone else get?

5/10

Not bad--better than the 4/10 average! Some of those sugars I have never heard of for human consumption. Makes me wonder what I'm feeding myself sometimes...

I got a 60, and I was proud to get that! With the holidays coming up, that info was good. I have never read much of that before.

I got 8/10.

Disclaimer!! don't read below until you've taken the quiz!!!!

I've actually seen a dog w/ macadamia nut paralysis at the hospital where I worked. It was weird. We didn't know what had caused it or what was wrong w/ the dog but I took it out too poo and it had whole macadamia nuts in it's stool! The vet didn't think anything of it, but finally looked it up and low-and-behold! Macadamia nuts cause paralysis! Totally temporary. Nothing to do for it. But scary none-the-less. Apparently it's a bigger problem in Hawaii. ;)

I did not know about Xylitol. Heck, i didn't even know what Xylitol is! Or about Poinsettia's. I always thought they were toxic!

Hi all,

I got 6/10 but I was hoping against hope that salmon wasn't right, but kinda knew it was so I suppose in that I would have got 7/10 ... we eat alot of salmon and now, Gizmo will not be getting any .... don't think we have given him any but will be certain from now on ...

I got 8/10. I didn't know about the bread dough or about onions causing anemia. Interesting.

i only got 3/10, but it was good to read the correct answers because i wouldnt of had a clue otherwise, especially about dogs eating grapes icon_yikes

I got only 4 correct :yikes

I'm going to spend a lot more time thoroughly researching this board.

:flwr:

I got 9 correct; I think that's from reading dog magazines.

I got the Salmon wrong! I know nothing about raw fish!! I wouldn't eat it raw, nor give it to my dogs, tho.

I scored 5/10, but reading the correct answers was very helpful :D

The raw salmon was a bit of a shock, Murphy has had it cooked before, it was one I hadn't considered :?

I got 8/10 ... not bad.

Got the sugar-substitute wrong and chicken bones.

Thought that cooked bones were softer.....ah well! Now I know better. ;D

6 out of 10....i thought i knew more after a lot of recent research but i guess not.

good to know about the macadamia nuts---indy loves nuts and i'm always hesitant to feed him any at all, but he can be a sneaky little booger.

that's a relief about poinsettias as well. they are one of my favourite flowers but i was afraid to get any this christmas because i assumed they were highly toxic for indy.

k

You scored: 10 / 10

I actually guessed on the raw fish question. The rest I've heard of from cavalier boards and lists--lol.

Back