• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Names

Fi

Can you please give me ideas for theme names for my new litter?

im at a dead end here.

my kennel name is Morgan:

thanks in advance

Do you have any themes in mind, or particular letters of the alphabet?

Are you looking for kennel names, or call names?

Perhaps trees:

Rowan
Birch
Oakley

Nicki said:
Do you have any themes in mind, or particular letters of the alphabet?

Are you looking for kennel names, or call names?

Perhaps trees:

Rowan
Birch
Oakley

kennel names please, and absoloutly no ideas otehr then that!!!
somethignt hat will flow after Morgan, last year i had
Star of the sea
Pride of Robbie
wud need to look up the rest im afraid

I've personally always felt the owner should be able to pick the name. Including the registered name. I picked Rory's name. ;) It's Kennel Name Bring It On!

But some people like litter themes. Are you looking for a theme?

i probaly will be able to choose a theme once i see the pups, but was looking for ideas.

Breeders in my experience usually feel pretty strongly that they choose the kennel name unless they work with an owner to come up with one -- that's my experience of 'listening in ' on discussions amongst breeders! Both because they like to do names around themes as it helps identify a time period or set of relations of a dog, and because they are their puppies, and because they sometimes are concerned about owners changing the names and showing under something inappropriate (much discussion of this on the main breeder list at times, about people adding names that are kennel names inappropriately at the end, or changing the kennel name entirely).

As very few puppy buyers are going to show under a kennel name it is pretty irrelevant to most people I think. I actually had to go check Jaspar's pedigree to find out his kennel name when I sent him in to the CKCS club MRI-clear list -- his kennel name is irrelevant to me.

That's my perspective anyway -- I could care less what the kennel name is. I don;t know how it is done in the US or UK, but a nother factor would be that over here, most breeders register puppies with the IKC before buyers get them -- many breeders won't let someone pick a puppy themselves when they are very young and often choose the puppy for a particular buyer based on personality etc so the litter wouold be registered well before the new owner has pup in hand.

Fidelma would you have something that you really like that you could take as a theme? EG time of year (autumn), jewelry, films, gardens, etc

We used to let owners pick the kennel name, but found that after a while there were too many of the same names that kept coming up. We now try to pick a theme for the kennel names and name the puppies ourselves. The owners pick the call name.

Although, if an owner felt REALLY strongly about picking the kennel name, I'm quite sure we could work with them. So for no one has objected to us picking the kennel name.

Bruce
MysticKnight Cavaliers

What about city names?? Irish cities? Or for something "exotic" you could use US city names!

Like... oh... Davis! ;)

As a theme, how about going with the King Arthur character names? This came to mind because Morgan le Fay was King Arthur's fairy sister. You could start with le Fay and go from there. That would seem appropriate, as the Arthurian legend also has Celtic roots.

As an English teacher, I love literary allusions! :)

Back