Thread: New from Nebraska

Post Thanks / Like

Default New from Nebraska

Greetings:

Hi, I'm a Cavalier mom of two 7 yr. old girls (not related). We live in Nebraksa (USA). I enjoy reading Cavalier Talk & Cavalier Connection for lots of great ideas & suggestions.

My newest ruby cav (Sophie Rose) was given to us by a breeder who wanted to re-home her. She came to us this last summer. I highly recommend contacting a breeder if you're wanting a rescue here in the states to inquire whether they have any older cavs that would enjoy spending their golden years in a home environment. Sophie Rose is my second rescue cav - I lost my beloved boy to MVD in January of this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and Welcome. Congratulations on your new girl, yes I too have seen many breeders who often re-home adult cavaliers - wonderful suggestion.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss in January.
    Janet V.
    Heritage Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! Congrats on Sophie Rose, cute name too! I agree that adults are such a great addition. We got Abbey (3yr old tri) when she was 2 1/2.
    I'm also very sorry to hear about your loss this past January.
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to this great site, its great to see new members, the more the better

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I missed this post when it first went up; welcome and I too am sorry to hear about your MVD loss. I thinka dults are a great option -- my parents will be taking a retired dog as well in the new year.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear you lost your little boy but Welcome to you and Sophie-Rose & also your other little girl.

I agree about older Cavaliers, I actually prefer older ones to puppies & am hoping that one is going to soon be coming to live with us too