• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cloe Delivers her pups

Fi

Cloe delicvered her pups today! she was upset all night and had me up, she was due on Sunday so a little early.

she gave birth to the first at 9am and the last at 12.29, she had SEVEN ruby pups, 4 females and 3 boys.

I am going to try to show you a picture but if you dont see one you know i couldnt do it!

Congrats, Fidelma! Seven puppies!! Did all survive? I know you were worried since you had a still birth last time. Seven puppies will be a lot of work for momma and for you!!

Your picture didnt work. You have to save your photos to a place on the internet first; you can't upload them straight to the sight. Most people seem to use photobucket.com to do this. Then you can just post the link of the photo to the message board.

I hope you figure out the photos soon! I'd love to see the newborns.

Congratulations to you and mama! How wonderful!!! 7 rubies!?! Wow! What color is Chloe?? Karlin - weren't you saying you'd love a ruby??? ;)

If you want to email me the pictures, I can upload them for you. Or you can try it yourself. Go to www.photobucket.com and sign up for an acct (free!) and then follow the step-by-step instructions to uploading your pic. Then copy the IMG link and paste here!!! :D Or if you already have them on your website, copying the link from there might work, too.

Can't wait to see the pics!

Wow seven pups is a good litter! I bet you are probably sleeping off a long night and day now. As others noted if you upload yopur pics to a permanent web location eg ypour own website or to flickr.com or photobucket.com you can then post the picture link here and we can see the actual pic.

Seven pups, that's WONDERFUL!!!! After you have had some sleep, tell us more. We need details! We need pictures! That's really great.

Bruce
MysticKnight Cavaliers

CONGRATULATIONS on your little family i cant wait to see the pictures, i bet you are so proud of them.xo

CONGRATULATIONS on your new little family i bet you are really proud of them, i cant wait to see the pictures, good luck with those little ones .are you going to keep any of them?

Hi thanks for all your comments, i am shattered, It is so tough with 7, as she can only seem to feed 5 at a time, so two sleep its working ok, but i can see me up all night again!

Got no sleep today, and just settled her, but of course someone came in and woke her up and all heck arose!

anyway, all 7 are doing well, however there is one or two i am worried about, there is one wee runt who will not feed too well so i am trying with a teat and bottle, but not sure the hole i made is big enough and secondly im afraid to make it too big and choke him.

it was great to log in and read all teh lovely comments, its great.
Mom is doing well and my wee Max gave the pups such a gentle kiss..... he seems a bit better tongiht.

now going to my new home for the weekend... my couch!!
Cloe is a blenheim and the dad is a full ruby, so pups are slightly miss matched but ever so subtly, all depends on what you are looking for, i am going to keep one of the girls. not sure which one, either a full ruby if there is one or the one with a tiny while dot on its head!

still namless, but as i cant tell them apart no harm for the moment, took loads of pictures! must up load them to my site tomorrow given a second!

as you see there are only 6 pups!! and i opened that account but spelt my name wrong!!! tired or what!

ill find another pic!

CIMG1739.jpg

CIMG1735.jpg

just realised i have no picture of all 7... must do soemthing about that tomorrow.

night all

Wow! Great pictures; how tiny and perfect they are!
I hope you're able to get some rest. Thanks for posting!!

wow those pups are just toooooooooooooo gorgeous and the mum is so beautiful, i dont know how you will bear to part with any of them.... lots of luck with them... and keep us updated

Right, day 2 dawns, first pup is now 1 day old and i ahve had a sleepless night, they did not settle atall, i think they were a bit chilly, but the Mam is panting as she is too hot, so i have done something a bit different i have now got her laying on a big duvet type thing i bought her and Max, and got her and the pups on that, she doesnt seem to want to move them, for now anyway, but she can only feed 5 at a time, and if all want to feed and i take one to feed it she will disturd all teh tohers to get up adn see what im doing to her pup and we are back to square one.

hope tonight is better then last ngiht,

I think I would get them off the wet newspaper and onto some vetbed unless you have already done that.
Warm wishes,
Ruth

I have heard of people using those flat heating pads for people under the puppies, set on a low setting; the advantage is you can have the mother off the pads and the puppies on it. I know the breeder I got my pups from keeps them in some kind of an incubator or under heatlamps -- he says you can lose them easily if they aren't kept warm enough. I am sure Evelyn can advise. I know there are vet heating pads and lamps available somewhere as some people in dog rescue have them for puppies. Why not call and ask your vets if trying to source some? They might know where to order.

Ruth said:
I think I would get them off the wet newspaper and onto some vetbed unless you have already done that.
Warm wishes,
Ruth

LOL Ruth, they were the birthing papers, she is now beside me on a lovely fluffy duvet, she doesnt seem to want to moe them so all happy so far. they are alot more content on the duvet then in the cage i had for her.

What beautiful little pups! Now I REALLY need my puppy fix :lol: You are definately going to be very busy time for a while!

If you don't have a crate warming pad, the next best thing is an electric heating pad. Set it on low and put it under the crate. Then put a couple bath towels in the crate, over the area where the heating pad is. I would also try to keep the area where the crate is at a temperature of about 74 degrees F (sorry, couldn't find C. conversion). You definately do want to keep those pups warm, especially if you have one that's struggling. I would use a heat lamp as a very last resort.

Do you have a vet nearby that can show you how to tube feed? It's a little scary and dangerous if you don't know what you're doing and should only be used if other methods aren't working. Very simply, you put a tube down the throat all the way into the stomach; it's attached to a syringe of formula and you just push the formula right into the stomach.

Do you have a postal scale? If so, weigh the pups once a day. That will tell you definately who is gaining and who you have to work on. Sometimes you can get those stubborn pups to nurse by squeezing the nipple and milking it down enough to get a drop of milk at the end. It's important to get all the puppies nursing at least a little bit in the first few days so that they get the colostrum that gives them their immunities.

And, finally, with a litter that large I would suggest you give the mom a couple pieces of cheese a day for the weeks she is nursing. Important that her calcium levels are kept up.

Hang in there, it's going to be a lot of work, but well worth it. That's a beautiful litter. BTW, we had a seven puppy litter once and it was one of the easier litters we ever had; hopefully, this is an easy litter for you also.

Bruce
MysticKnight Cavaliers

hi, well its not exactly easy, as she can only seem to feed 5 at a time, and she seems to fuss if we try to help with the other 2. but she is asleep right now, which is nice. i gave her a drink of milk which i noraamlly never do but i felt she needed it, all seem to be doing wel, off ot vets in the morning with MAx to get his drain out so b ringing Mom and pups too.

She has a bit of blood thismorning, but none last ngiht, hope that is normal, dont remember, but being a Mam myself im guessing its normal!

Back