• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cloe Delivers her pups

LOL, oh she digs alright, and even when they are all asleep and quiet, she goes over to them diggs digs digs and wakes them all up then walks off!

I cant over how big they have got in such a short length of time, i can only imagine the chaos when they are fully mobile!!

I'm sure there are going to be puppy madhouses everywhere, in between your 7 and Bruce's upcoming arivals, fingers crossed! :)

Fidelma be sure to post some pics into the puppy gallery as that is where people really enjoy going to look at the whole range of puppy pics from board members. It would be nice to have some of them there as they will be asy to find in future. icon_thumbsup

there is no words to describe how amazing those pictures are, so i will just say lots of love to those beautiful little bundles of joy.

Hope all of your darling little furbabies survive and are fit and healthy Fidlema. Poor Cloe looked exhausted in her birthing pics. Seven babies all at once is a lot for her, so not surprised you were trying to help her feed them. Good luck with them all :D

Thank you all, for the lovely posts.

the pups are 10 days old now and as of last ngiht still no eyes open, but ears opening!

the are huge! adn last gniht i had to suppliment the tinnest pup with a bottle adn my god you know the size of the bottles, well he drank it nearly all and then slept as he was full, when he was ont he mum he would cry as no milk was letting down for him.

i might just top him up each evening to give him a boost. i had to cut a larger hole in the teat but it was easier for him to get milk.

i have sold one already and they are not even advertised!

this little will be hard to part wtih idont know why, the last little was ok as by the time it came for them to go we were all ready for them to go, maybe it will be the same this time, but as we are keeping one she is a little dote! and hopefully make it easier to part with the others!

i saw a 6 month ruby pup over the weekend and my god she was so beautifull....

Max does NOT have cancer, he has a lymph node swell and form a lump, the bad news is they dont know why, they dont know how to treat him and he will probally be back on steriods come wednesday, and it will come back. he is not himself and its still worring.

im wondering are teh ulsers in his mouth linked to the lump he had or visa versa...... i cant get my pup insured untill she is 8 weeks old. and the vaccinations for the 7 pups will be over €260 my two are due theres teh same time so trying to do them all together!

Fidelma the pups sound fabulous and I am so glad they are healthy. Also that is great news about Max that it isn;t cancer, but I know how frustrating it is to not know what is going on.

I found this article on mouth ulcers and cavaliers -- maybe print out the description and link for your vet?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=8912245&dopt=Abstract

Here is another link to some information on renal (kidney) disease. It notes cavaliers are seen with this disease. Mouth ulcers are among the symtpoms. Here is the link

http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/Opera/2167/

and the symptoms list:

The following are some of the symptoms that may be seen in dogs with Chronic Renal Failure (CRF).
(Note that dogs with acute renal failure (ARF), which is sometimes reversible with early medical intervention and
support, may have a complete cessation of urination rather than an increased frequency)
Obviously, not all dogs with Chronic Renal Failure will exhibit all of these symptoms. They are listed in the order
in which they generally appear.

Increased water consumption (polydipsia)
Frequent urination (polyuria)
Dilute urine (little color or odor, because the kidneys are no longer capable of concentrating urine)
Depression
Diminished appetite (anorexia)
Discoloration of teeth
Chemical odor to the breath
Nausea and vomiting (seen particularly with a very high BUN (blood urea nitrogen))
Dogs who are nauseated often lick their noses repeatedly
Muscle weakness and exercise intolerance
Weight loss
Pale mucous membranes because of anemia
Oral (mouth) ulcers
Shivering (from diminished number of red blood cells that result from the anemia seen in renal failure)
Muscle wasting
Diarrhea

I don't know if that is of any help but maybe it will give a steer to the vet.

Fidelma where are you in Dublin? I'd love to visit your dogs and the puppies sometime!! :) (Oh and say hello to you as well! :lol: ).

Glad the pups are doing so well! And that your boy does not have cancer. What are his other symptoms besides the mouth ulcers and enlarged lymph node? Is it only 1 lymph node enlarged? Where is the Lymph node?

Are his blood values off at all? Any liver or kidney problems indicated in his blood work?

Here's another one:

Diagnosing and Treating Chronic Ulcerative Paradental Stomatitis
Vet Med 99[12]:1008-1011 Dec'04 Dental Corner 3 Refs

Daniel T. Carmichael, DVM, DAVDC
The Center For Specialized Veterinary Care, 609-5 Cantiague Rock Road, Westbury, NY 11590
Chronic ulcerative paradental stomatitis (CUPS) is a painful condition in dogs that is also known as ulcerative stomatitis, idiopathic stomatitis, and lymphocytic plasmacytic stomatitis. The hallmark lesion is a paradental, or so-called kissing, ulcer. Patients with CUPS are usually inappetent or anorectic, and the chief complaint from owners is usually fetid halitosis and drooling. CUPS can affect any dog, but Maltese are overrepresented, and a familial predilection has been shown. Cavalier King Charles spaniels also seem to be genetically predisposed. While dogs of any age can be affected, I have rarely seen CUPS in patients under 1 year old.

CUPS is a chronic condition that requires lifelong patient monitoring. Always stress to owners that this condition will most likely require a lifetime of therapy. If owners run out of their dogs' medication, clinical signs of CUPS commonly recur. A cure may be achieved, however, by extracting many or all of the teeth. Because of the potential side effects from the medications used to treat CUPS, periodic physical and oral examinations should be accompanied by appropriate hematologic tests. Routine dental prophylaxis (every four to six months) should be part of a complete oral hygiene program when the goal is to save teeth.
Full article: http://www.vetmedpub.com/vetmed/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=141738

From this article:
Sometimes, dogs with CUPS will have a concurrent lip fold dermatitis (intertrigo) adding to the oral discomfort as well as an overall foul odor. The connection between these two conditions is most likely that excessive drooling from the CUPS contributes or exacerbates the lip fold dermatitis. Another finding consistent with CUPS is mandibular lymphadenopathy.

Here's a picture of CUPS:
TN_IMC05097_200X200Y.jpg

Chronic Ulcerative Paradental Stomatitis (CUPS) lesion

Eosinophilic diseases in two Cavalier King Charles spaniels.
J Small Anim Pract 43[12]:533-8 2002 Dec

German AJ, Holden DJ, Hall EJ, Day MJ
Department of Clinical Veterinary Science, University of Bristol, Langford House, Bristol BS40 5DU.
This report describes the clinical presentation of two Cavalier King Charles spaniels with different eosinophilic diseases. The first case presented with dyspnoea and a non-productive cough, and investigations demonstrated eosinophilic bronchopneumonopathy. The second dog was referred for the investigation of haemorrhagic vomiting and diarrhoea and was eventually diagnosed with eosinophilic enteritis. Both dogs had concurrent eosinophilic stomatitis, and both responded completely to immunosuppressive glucocorticoid therapy. This report is the first to describe the concurrence of eosinophilic stomatitis and systemic eosinophilic disease in Cavalier King Charles spaniels, and suggest that this breed may be predisposed to eosinophilic syndromes.
[/quote]

Congrats to the babies
Not much white markings on the litter, thats great! I hope the same for Kajsas babies who is going to be born sometimes around 12th November. She has already a great tummy, and walks around in the house with a new strange air about her....=)

How fantastic are the photos!

I have never seen pups being born but would love to, the beginning of new life.

How very, very lucky are you! :D

Mum looks lovely, well done Mum xxx

She has already a great tummy, and walks around in the house with a new strange air about her....=)

:lol: Can't wait for hers to arrive too; what colours are possible? I'll look forward to more puppy pics! Only about 3 weeks to go.

Hello again, thank you so much for all the information, Max has alot of the symptoms that you mention here.

he had one lymph glad under his neck grosely enlarged, but it came up within hours, and seemed to go down again, but not completely, if it had not swelled i may have missed it.

he has the mouth ulsers on teh roof of his mouth and tounge, his breadth does smell, but he also spent teh first 18 months of his life on steriods for some muscular desiese, cant remember the name of it now, but Max is the only reported case in Ireland in cavaliers, his bloods had to be sent to USA to confirm diagnosis.

that blood test would have cost, €500

I live in Castleknock and you are welcome any time, my number is 086 1713186

Camilla, your dogs look so fine, please let us know how you get on. have you whelped before? are you nervous, i was!!

HAve printed all that out for my vet, seeing her tonight, will let you know how i get on as she proposed starting Max on more steriods

thanks again.

What a absolute miracle, Thank you for sharing the birthing pictures
I can't believe she had all Rubies, my next Cavalier will definetely be
a Ruby Male.

Thanks Linda and Jp, lol must take some more pictures, they are getting livlier and my LAdy is almost walking! a tad chaotic at times!!!

Can you believe it is now 7 weeks since i first posted this, my house is going to be so empty with ot my babies..... so glad i decided to keep one.

You know when i come in from work they all run to meet me... it brings a tear to my eye as it is so cute.

They now come to the couch where i sit, with legs up off hte floor for safety!!! and they try to jump up to me!!! i am so in love with these pups, im going to miss them big time.

I hope Cloe is ok, she has started to play with them, but i often feel the 7of them at her is a bit much and you see her jumping on the couch to look at them from a safe distance!

She wont feed them laying down, she stands ther for a few mins then when she has had enough she walkes off with pups trying to stay attached, they are all eating and drinking fine, and in the morning they dont cry when i come down any more, they have learnt that after i come down they get fed and they wait, its amazig to see them learn at this early age.

Back