• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Some registration changes

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi folks:

I've been having some hassle with board spam, both from spambots that autoregister than leave spam posts, and with general silliness from those who have nothing better to do and whose personal lives are apparently so bereft that they find it amusing to be annoying on boards. I have therefore switched on two screening elements -- one is that new members will need to do one of those visual confirmations by entering a code they will be shown -- this screens out spambots and is very easy, it just takes a few extra seconds. And second, people need to confirm their registration -- they'll be sent an email to do this. If that isn't effective enough, I'll have to give registration approval before I'll activate an account -- a slight bit of hassle but I hope not too much. But makes it easier to track where the problem makers are and file a complaint with their ISP.

Karlin

Thanks for updating us Karlin - but sorry to hear about the hassle. Why do some people have to always spoil things? :x

Mostly it's just been spam now and then; hopefully there won't be much other hassle. :)

Back