Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beatrice

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beatrice

I can't breathe, I can't stop crying or blaming myself! This morning my sweet Bea somehow escaped our fenced backyard and was killed by a car. This was the first (and last) time she had ever escaped. She was only ouside for a few minutes and then she was gone - forever. I feel so silly being so devestated but she was my constant shadow for the past 18 months. I haven't been to the hairdresser, the coffee shop, the bathroom :cry: or even to work without her, what to do, what to do. I thought this might be one place I could pour out my grief and be understood. These silly little dogs aren't like dogs at all, just little people in funny fur suits. I've lost dogs to old age and it is always painful, but never have I had my heart ripped out like this. My husband says she's in a better place but frankly, there is no better place than in my arms. I am so angry that something like this has happened. It was my duty to keep her safe and I failed miserably. I apologize for this posting but truly, I needed to write and vent. Please say a few blessings for my darling Beatrice. She was the perfect little girl.
    Jane

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry Jane. It is an unfair death. I have lost pups to old age too and that is so painful but losing a young one is so much more difficult. The pain is so new right now. It hurts to the very depths of the being. I hope each day brings a little less pain and a wonderful rememberance of special times with Beatrice. Hope your heart finds another pup in time to give all that special love too. Bless you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jane, I am so, so sorry to hear this. What a deep loss for you and it must be unbearable. You did protect her and did all you could -- sometimes the very unexpected happens even despite our best efforts There was no way you could have foreseen something like this and sometimes our dogs do something that is totally unpredictable and unexpected. My heart goes out to you as losing one when young is so very difficult. Take the time to grieve because she was a part of the family and you are right, they have such distinct personalities and presences. If you'd like, please post a picture of her here to share her with us, when you are ready. Bea and you are both in my thoughts.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Jane I don't know what to say except I feel for you. Please try not to beat yourself up over this, unfortunately tragedies happen.
    While she was with you she had the best she could have had, your love.
    Thinking of you,
    Ruth

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Jane, my heart goes out to you. Reading your post made me just gasp with pain. Poor thing. There's a reason they're called "accidents". Don't beat yourself up, you didn't do anything intentionally, it was truly an accident. Yes, feel her loss, that's what you need to do. Hugs and hugs.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beatrice

Thank you all, this has been one of the worst days of my life but it helps to know that even people whom you haven't even met can share in the pain and be of comfort. Once I can get myself straightend a bit I'll post some pictures of my sweet Bea. She was one in a million. Getting her was a struggle as I was dealing with a very shady breeder. Of course, I didn't know that at the time, just thought she was a flake. She has since lost all her licenses and has been convicted of fraud. But the good thing was I eventuatlly got Beatrice. What a darling she was and will be missed by the many she touched. We had just started our "therapy training" for hospice work as she was so little, just 11 pounds, and so very gentle. It's hard to grasp all the things we won't be doing. I thought she would be with me for years to come. Again, thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. I do so appreciate your concern.
    Jane

Post Thanks / Like

JaneB-
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you're going through, but know I will be thinking of you and your family.

If you need someone to listen who understands and might be able to help, you should call the Pet Loss Support Hotline - staffed by trained vet students from UC Davis Vet School:
    http://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/petloss/

Again - I am so sorry this happened. You are NOT silly for feeling the way you do. Not at all. Cry as much as you need to and know that we are here to support you.

-rory's mom
    Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
    --Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

JaneB,
    I am so sorry for your loss, and please, don't blame yourself as accidents happen and this exactly what this was. It wasn't your fault. Take the time you need to grieve, she had a special place in your family and deserves to be remembered for the loving little girl she was.
    I am thinking of you and your family, and again, I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like

JaneB,

I too am so sorry for your loss. Please know that Spencer and I are thinking about you and Bea. She'll always be in your heart and you in hers. She was a lucky little lady to have you as her mom.

Whitney

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dear Jane

I'm so very sorry to hear your devestating news. You are in the right place here, we all understand how you feel about Beatrice, Cavaliers are incredibly special and not like any other breed.

Please don't blame yourself, sadly these things happen, and I wish we knew why, but the World doesn't seem to work that way.

Bea had a loving home, and a wonderful time with you - sadly some never know that love. I'm sure she knew what a lucky girl she was, and how much she was loved.

I hope that one day you will feel able to share your life with another Cavalier - a tribute to your special relationship with Bea.

We are with you in your pain, sending comforting thoughts and ((((hugs)))).

You may find this site helpful too

http://rainbowsbridge.com/hello.htm
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org