Thread: HOMED: Sugar: special needs blenheim, 11 month F

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default HOMED: Sugar: special needs blenheim, 11 month F

I am working with a rescue in Cork to help home a petite little blenheim girl. It turns out she was found wandering in a shopping centre, in obvious pain, head down, very thin, with weak hind legs.

She was brought to the vet who said he believed she had been hit by a car. She now has a slight head tilt, and the leg weakness continued for a bit but has now vanished. By all accounts she is an outgoing, adorable girl, very affectionate. She sleeps more than usual, her foster home says.

Now: she could indeed have been the victim of a road traffic acccident, which would account for all these behaviours. She could have sustained some slight brain damage which causes her head to tilt (I had a cat that had similar problems after a road traffic accident).

Alternatively she may be showing early signs of syringomyelia (for more info: http://sm.cavaliertalk.com ), in which case she likely has a more severe form of this condition and it may progress quickly or not; it might stay just as she is now and she might have a full life with no need for intervention. Whatever the case, accident or not, she might lead a perfectly normal life or she might have a shortened life.

I feel that if she has SM or has been slightly brain damaged, she is worthy of as much happy time as she can have, in a loving home. However the adopting family would need to realise the uncertainty of her condition. I can give lots of support if she has SM -- there are some medical and surgical options.

So she needs a special home that is aware that she may face some challenges -- or she may never have any further problems.

I am seeing if I can get a picture of her; I've been told her first foster family who have a cavalier said she is really small compared to theirs.

If you are interested please PM me for further information or post here.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Home pending.

icon_banana
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Great news Karlin. Poor little girl I hope she gets the best.

I never saw the original post, even though I always check the new posts when I first come on or I would have been after her.
    Here's to a long and happy life for her.
    Warm wishes,
    Ruth

Post Thanks / Like

Great news that she has a home pending, hope it all works out for her. She deserves it so much. Bless her!
    Anita, Gemma & Milly& Kizzy