Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rupert - op on Weds

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth
    Poor Rupert, I hope he is ok bless him.
    Sounds like he could have a touch of balanitis (discharge from penis) -
    Warm wishes,
    Ruth
    my son had that!! in the end to sort him out he was given a circumcision in janruary this year poor kid but he' fine now.

how would they treat a dog??

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Firstly the latest news - after sleeping all afternoon, Rupert decided at 7pm that it was teatime - having missed breakfast this morning, he was very hungry ...so much for the vets always telling you that they probably won't eat - Rupert didn't hear that bit!! He demolished a bowl of soaked kibble mixed with a little Chappie {not something I usually give them, it was a special treat} - and was looking for more. Obviously feeling better then icon_banana

Jen, the syrinxes can cause nerve damage, hence the dogs experiencing strange sensations which makes them lick their paws etc.

My understanding is that the sphincter muscle nerves could be affected...but as Karlin says, it could just be his age.

Looking for a friend - sorry to hear about your son. At present, Rupert is on antibiotics and I will bathe him with salt water from tomorrow - he is too sore today. I guess that if it didn't clear up, circumcision would be an option for dogs too?

By the way, entire boy dogs can produce a discharge which looks remarkably like pus - speaking from personal experience here, once frantically 'phoned the vet when Rupert was young to be told not to worry, it was normal

"Don't forget the tussy peg fairy, how many biscuits is that he is due?"

Fanx Anti Roof, Mommy din't tel me bout fairis - she oues me FIVE bixits. XXX

***Removes Rupert from the computer***

Thanks for the suggestion about the belly band - I managed to find one on E-bay, and use it with a Tena lady pad cut in half - it's very good. I'm hoping TRPD {see my siggie} may produce some fleece ones in the future, will keep you posted. Rupert sleeps with us, so it's more difficult - I guess this is one time when you'd like them to be sleeping in a crate!

Sorry to hear about Pepys and Josh...and poor TeddyEdward - that must have been just awful.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

They always feel better with some food down them don't they?
    Wow, 5 tussy pegs out, enjoy those biscuits Rupert!!

In the old days when I worked in kennels we used to use stuff for mastitis in cows for the balanitis. It was in a plastic syringe and just as the farmers had to push it up the teat we had to push it inside the sheath .......... tricky

Glad he is back to normal Nicki,
    Warm wishes,
    Ruth

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Ruth - interesting you mention about the cows - the vet mentioned that too!!

I think if the anitbiotics don't work, we may have to look at something like that - EEK!
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Great news that Rupert has had some grub and is feeling a little bit better now. icon_banana

Hope the anti-biotics kick in real soon. icon_yikes I would not fancy having to do the procedure involved with the cows!
    Anita, Gemma & Milly& Kizzy

Post Thanks / Like

awwwwwwww i am so glad that little rupert is ok, its just so worring when pets are ill, and i for one end up worrying myself sick over it but its impossible not to, but we just have to keep strong and hope that everything will work out ok. lots of love and kisses to you all and rupert xoxoxox

Post Thanks / Like

I'm only after seeing this now... I'm glad Rupert is ok.... sending him a big kiss XXXXXX
    www.pet-bliss.com for pet products
    www.poshpaws.ie Designer Pet Products
    www.gift-ireland.com voluntary group raising money for rescues