• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

anyone else?

sarahg

hi

everytime i go on to the main index page i am getting about 5 or 6 high risk virus icon_yikes is anyone else getting this?

sarah xx

I'm getting it too. Very frustrating. I'm going to see if I get the same thing on my Mac at home.

The computer guru in my office said it's probably spyware. Karlin, anything you can do at your end?

anyone else

I, too, have been hit with all the high threat virus mess. In fact, my other computer is completely shut down for the time being. It appears that spy and ad ware are rampant right now and is really becoming a problem. I have just upgraded all my firewalls and virus detection programs but it is making it very difficult to accomplish anything online. Seems like there should be "laws" to reduce this spam behind the scenes, grrr. . .
JaneB

Yes we're getting this too - although we have Norton and it's completely up to date. Hubby deleted the file manually, but we're still getting the message up?

Says it's TROJAN.MOO

Only happening on this website....

Thnaks -- I am trying to figure out how to get it off. It doesn;t affect me as I am on a Mac.

hi yes that is what my virus is called we cant remove it and it is slowing down my computer it took ages to get back on here!!

OK this is a trojan and I should have this fixed before too long. If your virus software is up to date on your PC, the moo trojan won;t cause problems. If it isn;t up to date, it will. The various virus software company homepages should have info on how to scan and remove and to get the current virus updates (be sure to set your virsu software to auto-update so that you don;t have to remember to do it! It is very easy to forget). This is a fairly old trojan -- but there's a lot of trouble right now with PHPBB boards getting hacked with a script that causes the trojan to be passed to visitors. Hence I am trying to keep the board closed but posting this as an update.

This was all due to those emails I cleared off last week when I tightened registration procedures.

ever since i have joined these forums my pc keeps getting attacked all the time as well, its really annoying

Back